NOD32 and Logitech Mouse Driver Conflict?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mikkl, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkl

mikkl Registered Member

Has anyone experienced conflicts between NOD32 and the Logitech mouse drivers?

In my past experience, Logitech drivers have been prone to conflicts and I generally avoid using them if at all possible, relying on the basic MS mouse driver if possible. My son recently purchased a Logitech mouse for his Win98 machine and reported that his computer immediately felt slower whenever the logitech driver was loaded into memory. On a hunch, I excluded the Logitech Mouse driver directory and the problems went away.

I repeated this on my XPH-SP2 machine and have also noticed a subtle improvement in mouse and display behavior.

Is there a known conflict between NOD and Logitech drivers? Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?

TIA,

mikkl

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'm using a Logitech driver from 2001! :D No problems here.

Logitech wants to install backweb when you install one of their drivers.

You could remove that driver and try a reinstall leaving out the backweb program Logitech wants to install.

backweb

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  3. shek

shek Registered Member

I used to have a logitech optical mouse, which required mouseware(9.78 ). Currently I am using Logitech G7 wireless laser mouse and setpoint(2.42.257) is installed. There are no conflicts between nod32 and the above two. And my OS is winxp pro sp2.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 and logitech DiNovo Keyboard Mx 900 mouse set and SetPoint 2.60.606 WO/Bluetooth SetPoint 2.22.124 W/Bluetooth and I have no conflicts.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I've tried NOD32 with two mice on a Windows XP computer - One mouse needed Mouseware drivers, the other needs SetPoint - and both did not conflict with NOD32 in any way.

6. mikkl

mikkl Registered Member

Thanks everyone. Looks like it just may be here on these two machines.

mikkl

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe the driver continually accesses some files in the installation folder. Since the "optimize scanning" feature does not work on Win9x systems, AMON scans this file(s) continually which may result in the slowdown.

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Same here....I love Logitech mice...have used them for many many years...but I've always hated their software, I never install it. The native MS driver works just fine. Same with their joysticks.

9. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

i have no problems with my MX400 Laser Mouse and the Setpoint driver version 2.60.590 on my winxp pro sp2 computer.

10. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I've had no problems here and I've installed their software.

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

SetPoint is absolutely unintrusive in this regard. MouseWare, on the other hand, is a different thing. MouseWare might be accessing some files when you use the "special features", i.e. WebWheel and all such things.

But I'm very sure that the Eset support team has a Windows 98/Windows Me computer with a Logitech mouse (come on, everyone with a computer has seen Logitech mice). So why don't you test it and find out for sure? I don't expect Eset to have a Logitech G1 Gamer Mouse with SetPoint software, but at least Eset has a "standard" Logitech mouse with the MouseWare software. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.