NOD32 and Firefox 3 issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    Sorry, it's me again with firefox !
    I wanted to test firefox 3 and nod32, with eicar.org files tests... The reason is that NOD32 did not want to add Firefox 3 in web browser list (advanced configuration tab/ http)...

I decided to test antivirs behaviour with Firefox. So I decided to try to download some of eicar files.

I choose eicar.com.zip file. Firefox asked me if I wanted to open (and to choose application) or to save the file... While I was asking myself the action I would decide to do, NOD32 did not stop to alert me and to say me file was deleted and quarantined... Nod32 did not stop to send me mails (as I configured it to send mail on virus detection) and ZoneAlarmPro detected NOD32 as spam generator and alerted me because NOD32 was trying to send more than 5 mails as a time... In fact, NOD32 was continuously triggered with EICAR and was continuously deleting, quarantining and mailing me though i did not take any actions regarding eicar file...

What was the problem ?

Regards !

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem . What happened actually was:

You didn't choose what action to do but the browser started the download or at least some part of it . NOD32 scans the traffic and blocked the Eicar . However it is specific browser behavious (Firefox) that it attempts to download anything that it previously couldn't 5 times . NOD32 detected Eicar 5 times because it was actually downloaded more than once .

NOD32 started sending you emails about 5 things detected because actually Eicar was downloaded/blocked more than once.

I would suggest you somehow add ESET NOD32 to ZA'a trusted applications

3. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.