NOD32 and Firefox 3 issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    Sorry, it's me again with firefox !
    I wanted to test firefox 3 and nod32, with eicar.org files tests... The reason is that NOD32 did not want to add Firefox 3 in web browser list (advanced configuration tab/ http)...

I decided to test antivirs behaviour with Firefox. So I decided to try to download some of eicar files.

I choose eicar.com.zip file. Firefox asked me if I wanted to open (and to choose application) or to save the file... While I was asking myself the action I would decide to do, NOD32 did not stop to alert me and to say me file was deleted and quarantined... Nod32 did not stop to send me mails (as I configured it to send mail on virus detection) and ZoneAlarmPro detected NOD32 as spam generator and alerted me because NOD32 was trying to send more than 5 mails as a time... In fact, NOD32 was continuously triggered with EICAR and was continuously deleting, quarantining and mailing me though i did not take any actions regarding eicar file...

What was the problem ?

Regards !

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem . What happened actually was:

You didn't choose what action to do but the browser started the download or at least some part of it . NOD32 scans the traffic and blocked the Eicar . However it is specific browser behavious (Firefox) that it attempts to download anything that it previously couldn't 5 times . NOD32 detected Eicar 5 times because it was actually downloaded more than once .

NOD32 started sending you emails about 5 things detected because actually Eicar was downloaded/blocked more than once.

I would suggest you somehow add ESET NOD32 to ZA'a trusted applications

3. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.