NOD32 administrator conflict on SBS server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gkweb, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

my enterprise is reseller for NOD32, and the last time we have installed the server package (NOD32 server, NOD32 console, and NOD32 administrator) on a Small Business Server, the "ESET" folder gone from 100MB of disk space to more than 2.5GB of logs after a few days, making the machine very slow to boot and to run, and ending to make the NOD32 server component to crash (it wasn't starting anymore).
    This server is the Domain controller, and is running SQL server also.

After a uninstallation and a reinstallation of NOD32 and a deletion of the 2.5GB of logs (from the remote administration server), I saw a warning saying that IMON is disabled by default because conflicting on servers with for instance SQL server, was it the cause of our troubles ?

Thanks you.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Installing NOD32 on a Server OS...it should detect that it's being installed on a server, and automatically disable IMON. What you see is normal, good, as IMON should not be run on a server, esp SBS where Exchange has OWA running.

I don't know what's causing your log situation though, I've done quite a few SBS installs and have not run across that issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.