NOD32 - Additional Checks

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hangetsu, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Hi all,

After slowdowns with a number of other "suite" applications (and some newer reviews saying the new security in Vista isn't that bad after all), I came back to NOD32 (glad I bought a 2 yr license!) and I'm using the Vista firewall with advanced security (default inbound / outbound set to block). I have a couple questions about this setup:

- Is this sufficient protection? I have UAC on, and NOD32 set to Blackspear's settings. Are there any recommended online scanners for spyware / malware that don't dump a lot of files and settings on your PC?

- Is anyone else using the Vista firewall? Does anyone have a recommended site where one can pick up "standard" rules when setting default to block? For example, I have a rule for Windows Update, but what about Windows Time, etc? I want to make sure I'm protected, but allow Windows to phone home as necessary for its security components to work.

Thanks in advance!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and welcome back on the board !

Yes , it is very good protection . Make sure you also run Internet Explorer 7 in its Protected Mode (by default is is enabled)

I use XP and cannot comment about Vista rules but I am really pleased from Microsoft products (their firewall - ICF , then Windows Firewall in XP , now enhanced in Vista) :thumb:

If you have time and like suits , you can try ESET's new suit -> ESET Smart Security (firewall,anti-spam and anti-malware) . It is still beta . http://www.eset.com/beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.