Nod32 7, red exclamation icon never rests

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OldAmsXXXdam, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldAmsXXXdam

OldAmsXXXdam Registered Member

I use nod32 v7 now. The one thing that bugs me, is this red flag exclamation icon in the taskbar which since I installed this software for evaluation, never becomes "normal" or green or something. I run it for several months now. And because I like to update the definitions whenever I choose to (which nod32 does not seem to like). This sheet software always tries to scare me by never ever turning that red flag exclamation icon into something positive. Even when I update, but not put update to automatic, it will stay that way. I tried the desktop notifications settings but it doesnt work. I do not like watching red flags all the time. If nod32 doesnt have an answer I will use something else. and they can just shove it.

2. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

have you try Reinstall Nod32 V7?

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can leave your automatic update task enabled and set it to update every 43200 minutes (every 720 hours or once a month). That way your icon won't change and automatic updates won't happen frequently.

Regards, hqsec

4. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Wait a minute, if you've installed it "for evaluation" and have "run it for several months now" shouldn't the red flag just about your expired trial (normally 3-month max)?

5. OldAmsXXXdam

OldAmsXXXdam Registered Member

I've installed version 6 of no3 for eval on my previous installation of windows 7 on my sata-hdd. My new SSD with fresh install and new eval of nod32 7 I have had for about two weeks now. And got a new IP.

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey OldAmsXXXdam

This is maybe a crazy idea, and something you may try out:
    Go to -Tools - Scheduler and deselect " Automatic update after dial-up connection. " Then open "Regular automatic update" in the Scheduler and go to "Task Name " and set it to " Event triggered" and press next. Then in the window " Event trigger to task " choose "Threat detection", and press next. In the next window set it to "Run Task as soon as possible" press next. Press finish and save it under " My profile "

Regards Janus :))

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is not normal to see a red "alert" icon continuously being displayed by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Please contact ESET technical support directly (web formsupport forum) for assistance with your copy of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The icon turns red if no update task is enabled in Scheduler which would expose common users at risk as they rely on automatic updates.
    In order for a security program to provide effective protection against zero-day threats, it should be updated on a regular basis (several times a day).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.