NOD32 4 doesn't delete or clean when running on-demand scan?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Boden, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boden

Boden Registered Member

I've got a drive with known viruses on it. I connected it to my machine and scanned it with NOD32. It found five viruses... but didn't do anything about it. On a subsequent scan it finds the same viruses all over again.

If I right click on the entry in the scan log and choose "clean file", nothing happens.

What's going on?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What message do you get when the scanner attempts to clean the file?

3. Boden

Boden Registered Member

No message. Nothing happens. I am not prompted for any action at the end of the scan either.

4. Marcos

If a threat is detected and you run a scan with cleaning, you must either get an error message that the file could not be cleaned or that it has been cleaned successfully. Please post here a screenshot of the on-demand scanner with the file shown as detected.

5. Boden

Boden Registered Member

I did the scan via the NOD32 option in the context menu. I'm trying again from the NOD32 application directly. I'll post back when it finishes.

Should there be a difference between these approaches?

6. Boden

Boden Registered Member

Ok, it worked fine when I did the scan directly from the application.

Why doesn't the context menu approach clean files? Do I need to configure something?

7. Marcos

Couldn't it be that you ran a scan instead of cleaning from within the context menu? By default, cleaning is available under the advanced options of the right-click context menu, but the order as well as the appearance of the menu is fully customizable in the main setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.