Nod32 4.0 Flashes my hidden taskbar

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Shoey Peachew, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoey Peachew

Shoey Peachew Registered Member

I have a 1080p LCD HDTV and it suffers slightly from "Image persistence" It's not permanent and I've taken preventative measures to minimize the effects and the effects have been reduced a lot in the past 36+ hrs since I noticed it.

Anyway, I have my Taskbar set to Auto-hide, but I noticed after installing Nod32 4.0 it keeps flashing from Auto-hide. It happens very quickly, a split second, and frequently and it's quite annoying. I tried disabling Alerts/Notifications, and even program animations, but it persists. I installed Nod32 4.0 twice and it only happens when it's installed. It wasn't a problem with version 3.xx.

I know this seems like a pretty obscure and unimportant problem, but I thought I'd share anyway.

2. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

This has been mentioned before in this thread but I can't duplicate the issue on Vista. Any further info?

3. Shoey Peachew

Ok, I'm glad someone else noticed. I made my desktop background all white as I deal with the issue I stated in my first post, which is similiar to what blin mentioned in his post when he said to open and maximize Notepad.

There really isn't anymore info I can give, but maybe that I'm using an Ati 2600pro HD 512mb AGP graphics card and I have Windows Vista Desktop Composition/Aero enabled. I'm also using Visiontek's latest driver based on Ati Catalyst v8.11 (not the latest). Maybe it's an Ati and Nod32 thing?

thx

Edit: I just want to say it happens far less with egui.exe disabled, but it still happens.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. Shoey Peachew

I just wanted to say my hidden taskbar doesn't flash into view every few seconds with Windows 7 latest build as it does in Vista. I like and use Windows 7 more than Vista and this issue isn't a problem anymore. :thumb:

5. tomi

tomi Registered Member

Yes you´re right, this problem is caused by ESET product. I tested it on VM, which might be quite different than on normal machine, with "Classic" and also "Vista" theme and there´s no difference.You said that it happens also with disabled egui.exe, i dont think so. But i dont see any regularity, it happens sometimes twice in a row, sometimes its without problems for several minutes. So if you can, please define it more accurately. Is it more during writing?

6. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

This happens to me very frequently. How do I fix it?

7. Shoey Peachew

I haven't had this problem since I switched to Windows 7, but you're probably right about egui.exe being disabled. All I can say is when egui.exe is enabled in Vista and the taskbar is hidden. the taskbar constantly flashes for some reason. It was very distracting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.