NOD32 3.0 Renewal Question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Harryc, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harryc

Harryc Registered Member

My NOD32 3.0 license is due to expire on 7/9/2008. I renewed last night and received my username/password email today. So far so good. The problem is that my new username/password are identical to my old one, and I still see the set to expire notice in the software. Will this simply go away on 7/9/2008 at midnight or do I truly need a new username/password?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Your password info should change with each renewal as far as I know. It has in my case.

I would contact the site you purchased from for clarification.

3. Harryc

Harryc Registered Member

Uh..I purchased it directly from ESET via phone.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If NOD32 3.0 is still showing your old expiration date, that is when it will expire. I would contact them again and point out the problem.

5. Harryc

Harryc Registered Member

ronjor, thanks I will call them,

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I apologize HarryC.

I've been informed the new versions retain your current password settings. It does take up to four days to update the servers with your info.

Your new expiration should show up in the gui soon.

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Eset's update servers not showing the expiration is a customer service issue - we have recommended that they address this as soon as possible.

Because it doesn't show the new expiration date immediately, we only use the 'keep old username' option when there is a significant amount of time before expiration - otherwise, we issue a new username and password.

we're told that is the wrong thing to do - but as a small operation with limited support personnel, it has saved us a lot of phone calls.

It has now become clear that licenses renewed early can STILL not show their new expiration date until midnight of the day they were previously going to expire - this is a NIGHTMARE - and has led to dozens and dozens of phone calls to our support lines - I am at a loss to explain the logic behind it... why do these expiration dates not apply within 24 hours of their input into the ordering system?!?! Being a database engineer - these kinds of business issues are relatively trivial - they MUST be easy to overcome.... it's not like we're dealing with millions of records per day yet... until this is fixed, we're tempted to just issue new licenses - but that brings up another set of support issues for those that don't realize they must update their username/password.

Due to the problems with these dates showing incorrectly, we urgently request that Eset accelerate the importance of getting this update to show sooner - the support calls on this trivial matter alone are 'wearing' - and their is no reason it can't be fixed in my opinion.

8. Harryc

Harryc Registered Member

When I called ESET I was told about the new renewal policy, retaining one's old username and password. I was also told that the expiration date would automatically change to the new one within 24 to 48 hours after receiving the username email. So, that's where we're at ... waiting :) It did require a phone call though, so if webyourbusiness is a reseller offering support, I can see where this would be a big concern.

9. webyourbusiness

we are a reseller often doing dozens of renewals in a day... which guarantees several questions a day minimum. It is the same questions, because of the same delay - I know it's a new question for that particular renewal customer, but it gets old having to explain the 'broken' system to them all day long (I don't man the support phones, but I view the support desk/phone reason logs and when I see the same reason time in and time out... I have to ask myself why it can't be fixed)....

10. Harryc

Harryc Registered Member

Well, if the information is any help to anyone, the expiration date did reset after 48 hours to the new date. This is well before the actual old expiration date, which is in 11 days. It is retroactive too. The new expiration date says 7/9/2010.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks for the feedback Harryc.

12. webyourbusiness

Good to hear Harryc. Let us know if it hiccups at all... here's hoping you have plain sailing though!

13. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

Well I had no problems with my renewal. I received an email on the 13th May telling me that my licence would run out in 30 days time, I purchased the renewal on the same day and was surprised when the email came telling me that the username and password would remain the same.

There were no problems and the next day the new date was showing in the program with no lost days, so I renewed on the 13th May 2008 and my licence expires on the 12th June 2009

14. webyourbusiness

that's good to hear Joan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.