NOD32 3.0.669 and Windows Server 2003 lockups

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HerbalTowers, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerbalTowers

HerbalTowers Registered Member

Greetings
    I cannot get NOD32 Business Edition 3.0.669 to work on my Windows 2003 R2 Standard (32 bit) Server. The server is a very clean installation and apart from (IIS) web and ftp services the only additional software installed is MS SQL Server 2005 and NOD32. The server is hosted remotely at an ISP and although NOD32 installs, updates and scans perfectly, whenever I logoff from a Terminal Services / Remote Desktop session, the server locks up during the 'Saving your settings' part of the logoff process. When I contact the ISP they say the servers' video and keyboard are unresponsive yet the server can be ping'd FTP'd etc. The only resolution is to perform a hard restart. This issue started immediately after installing NOD32 Business Edition 3.0.669 and has occurred since then after every logoff. I have checked all of NOD32's configuration settings and cannot see anything that would cause this, I am aware that certain files should be excluded from realtime scanning with Windows Servers and have configured these accordingly.

As a last resort I uninstalled NOD32 and installed 2.70.39. Since then the problem has not re-appeared.
    Any help regarding this issue would be hugely appreciated as I would prefer to use the latest version of NOD32.

Thanks in advance
    Herb

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have the User Profile Hive Cleanup installed by chance?

3. HerbalTowers

Hello Marcos, yes I do have that installed.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In such case, ekrn.exe must be excluded from scanning. UPHC has readme.txt enclosed with instructions as how to exclude applications from being processed by UPHC.

5. HerbalTowers

Marcos, put me out of my misery!!
    Is the User Profile Hive Cleanup Tool incompatible with NOD32 v3.x? Is there a workaround or do I have to uninstall the User Profile Hive Cleanup Tool?
    TIA
    Herb

6. HerbalTowers

My apologies, we must have both posted at the same time!

7. HerbalTowers

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into how to exclude ekrn.exe from the User Profile Hive Cleanup tool. To be honest I didn't even know it was installed. The ISP (who pre-configure the server with the OS etc) must have installed it.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Herb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.