nod32 2.7 (paid version) wont update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by immit8or, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

I have been using version 2.70.39 for the past 11mths without any problems -- my license is due to expire on the 23rd of August so 3 days ago [8/8/08] I thought that I would uninstall it and install another product for a free trial -- I changed my mind and re-installed nod32 using my old setup file that I had saved just for this contingency -- I have windows XP SP2 -- I re-installed 2.7 put in my username/password and reconfigured it using blackspears settings that I had used for the past 11 months without any problems -- now all of a sudden it won't update -- I have seen other threads with the same problem -- I emptied the updfile cache files but still no good -- everytime I click on update (manually) it says that I am up to date [sig. version 3338] I've clicked this untill I am all "clicked out". Can somebody please tell me what's the problem and give me a fix as I am not happy having a computer that is not up to date with it's virus signatures.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I will send you a PM with further instructions.

3. immit8or

Thanx Marcos -- I have replied to your PM

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

did u solve?

5. immit8or

yes -- problem is now fixed -- I used an old setup file to reinstall nod32 2.7 but I had forgotten that this was a 30 day free trial version -- when I paid for my license I just put the username / pword in the trial version -- of course the trial period was over and it wouldn't update -- marcos brought this to my attention with his pm.

6. immit8or

Marcos thanks once again for your prompt action in helping me fix my problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.