NOD32 2.7 beta available for testing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marcos, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I left the "Use current settings" check-box ticked as well, but the user name & password were not preserved. Indeed no big deal, very little effort to change it, but it is a bug, that's all!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Thanks again :)

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Excution of an external application did not scan overnight. I checked the settings and all were right. It had nothing in the logs. Going to change the time to about 10 minutes from now and see if it starts.

5. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

Trial Beta :eek:
    haha
    only with the NOD32

6. Marcos

So you would prefer not to allow trial users to test it, right?

7. fduranti

fduranti Registered Member

Same problem here... the box was checked but when I restarted the pc I have a beta user in the update setup.

Ah... one thing before upgrding I have the 2.51.30 (trial with registered username and password) version and not the 2.51.26 version installed

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Marcos, I left mine checked for current settings and username said beta. I manually changed it and my password.

9. Marcos

That's because you didn't install it after I posted links for both the users who already have a commercial version installed and those who are trialing NOD32 and thus do not have any username and password.

So now there are 2 versions - one with a temporary username/password embedded and the other one which is a standard commercial version installer with no temporary username/password.

10. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Clean install, user name and password went in with no problem, running fine.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I understand, I was one of the first to try and grab it.

12. PnP

PnP Registered Member

very good running fine with outpost 4.0 :)

13. basti

basti Registered Member

Marcos, is it now possible to set NOD with one click to max. protection ? And, What's about deleting of an virus etc. like the Test-Virus Eicar from archives ?

14. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thanks, I have no problem installing NOD32 2.7 Beta on top of NOD32 2.5.26.

15. Marcos

NOD32 is set for maximum protection with default settings. During installation, you can decide yourself whether to detect potentially unwanted applications or not. It does not mean that having potentially unsafe applications (PUA) disabled by default makes your computer less protected. PUA only covers commercial applications that serve usually for remote administration purposes and normally should remain disabled.

As for deleting archives automatically, set the on-demand scanner to delete whole archives when a threat is found in an archive.

16. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

Not full compatibility with Windows Vista Build 5744 - RC2, Task Scheduler no runs ok after NOD32 2.7 installation:

Appers in the Event Viewer all boot times:

ERROR: Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Value: 14.

Source: Task Scheduler
    Event ID: 404
    Task Category: Service RPC error
    Level: Critical

Uninstalling NOD32 the Task Scheduler runs OK again, with no errors. :cautious:

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So how long is the trial period?

18. basti

basti Registered Member

And btw. how long is the Beta Phase ? Better said, when will ESET release the localized language Versions ?

19. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It was mentioned that version 2.7 of the product (final version ready for all kind of users) is expected to appear in November . When they find the beta version is finished , the software really stable and absolutely working = ready , they will push it available and even via the updates to all existing users

20. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I cant say scanning speed is faster or not compare to 2.5 since 2.5 never worked on vista.

CPU resources is very low. Again i cant compare to 2.5 if there are actually any improvement but dont expect much since it is already one of the lowest resources AV.

Memory: I can definitely say there is no improvement. In fact it uses slightly more memory then 2.5. However it is still one of the lowest resources usage AV available.

21. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

What is the username/password for trial users ? Otherwise, we can't get updateso_O?

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Answer

23. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

thanks, but that was my point - I did not at the time have the 'trial' version installed, thus there was no embedded username/password to pick up.

I installed the 2.5 trial, then installed the beta over the top - now its working.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061027 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ID:2006102704 [cairo]

24. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome

25. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Beta 2.7 installed perfectly. No issues. seems faster than v2.5...

475535 files in 30 mins (75gb) v 2.5 would have taken about 45-50 mins.

Athlon xp 4000
    250gb Hitachi deskstar hd
    2gb ram

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.