Nod32 2.7 - Amon.sys process using high CPU in Vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tristanjh, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristanjh

Tristanjh Registered Member

Hi, I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate and downloaded the new 2.7 version of Nod32. I found that the 'System' process was taking up 90% + CPU every for 10-20 seconds about every 10-20 seconds. I used process explorer to find out what the actual problem was and found that Amon.sys was using the CPU. In order to be able to use my computer properly I have to disable the Anti Virus monitoring feature (AMON) of Nod32. Normally I would just switch to a different Anti virus program but I love and trust Nod32 so any help on resolving my problem would be greatly appreciated :)

Heres an image of it enabled, and then disabled.

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amononandoffyq4.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  2. Tristanjh

Tristanjh Registered Member

Ok I seem to have fixed the problem. If anyone else is having the same problem as I did, here is how i fixed it. I watched opened task manager and clicked on the CPU tab twice so I could see what process was using the most by looking at the top, then I opened Nod32 and clicks on the AMON tab and watched the files that it was scanning. As soon as the 'System' process jumped to the top I looked at Nod32 to see what it was scanning..I then clicked Setup and at the bottom of the screen clicked extensions to exclude the extension I saw, In my case it happened to be .cache and .log. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

3. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

I'm having the same problem.

Formatted and installed Vista Ultimate and Nod32 seems to use 100% of the cpu any time AMON is scanning a file. In XP, this was not an issue...

I tried what you suggested by excluding .log and .cache. Will see if it helps. Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.