NOD32 2.5 Final Will Be Released May 6th

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hayc59, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think I know why but I'm not sure if I can tell, sorry.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is not necessarily the final release version that will be released to the public, but it is close enough to allow me to take screenshots to update the Extra Settings Thread, it wasn't a 5 minute job to do what you see, it was an all dayer...

Like I keep saying, it will be ready when it is ready and not before, surely you wouldn't want it half baked? ? ?

Cheers :D

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Visiting

Why should Blackspear not have a copy of the Final [to be released, when ever] Version, Eset can send copies to anyone the please, it is their Software.

And I do not see anywere on this Forum that they Eset have given a release Date anyway.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Dont worry Visiting, Blackspear's version may not be 100% the same as the public version. Its up to you to decide whether Blackspear has the same version or not, because I'm not gonna spill any of what I know so far.... :blink:

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Eset did it in a press release which is on their website... www.eset.com

6. gnervt

gnervt Registered Member

:doubt:

1.) NOD32 v2.5 (English version) to be released on May 6 2005

SAN DIEGO, CA – May 2, 2005 – ESET, a global security software
    company
    providing next-generation virus protection, today announced the
    availability (launch date is May 6 2005) of the newest version of its
    award-winning flagship product, NOD32 version 2.5, which includes
    enhanced protection against spyware, adware, phishing and riskware.
    To-date ESET is one of only two security companies worldwide that
    have received Checkmark’s certification for anti-spyware. To achieve
    certification, a product must be able to detect Trojans, key-loggers,
    cookies and other malware in the West Coast Labs spyware test suite.
    With the release of NOD32 v2.5, ESET is also launching
    ThreatSense.NET, an online early warning system that enables fast
    bi-directional notification of impending threats.

7. lekillerderpg

lekillerderpg Registered Member

and the version french o_O :ninja:

8. Blackspear

Yes, but like I said the left hand got a little ahead of the right hand, both being attached to the same body meant the left hand had to be reigned in a little, while the right catches up.

As Marcos stated, the chef is working on it making sure everything is pretty well spot on...

There ends the cooking lesson for today ;) :D

Cheers :D

9. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Waa, waaa, waaa.... :'(

But i want my new version now! :(

Boo Hoo, i don't know if i can live till monday without it. :p ;) :D

snowbound

10. Blackspear

Bah humbug! I thought you were using poopscan, their new version doesn't come out until 2025 ;) :D

:D :D :D

11. snowbound

I don't want poopscan! :mad:

Even if HB does recommend it. :D ;) :D

snowbound

12. Blackspear

If he's recommending it, I want it!

I'll take your copy as I can use it on my Pentium 1 with 8Mb of RAM running Windows 3.11 ;) :p :D

:D :D :D

13. snowbound

OK, u got it.

I'll slide u over a copy(so to speak) :D

snowbound *puppy*

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Thequest - agreed - it's Eset's software, they choose who sees it and who doesn't!

To the original poster...

take a look at the number of posts - the vast majority of which are here in the NOD32 forums helping new users (and old) - the countless unpaid hours of supporting the product would probably be reason alone, but also the time taken to produce the extra setting threads each time they release a new version would give you another clue that BlackSpear puts as much, if not more effort into supporting NOD32 and the user community than just about anyone else.

I think preview access to a "final", in return for an updated extra settings thread is actually more to Eset's advantage than anyone else... apart from those of us that read and use the settings of course....

For someone not on the Eset payroll, I'd say BlackSpear's efforts are OUTSTANDING - if every software company had such a devoted unpaid IT professional working, unpaid, in such a hard manner to promote the products, they'd definitely sell more product... as such, people like BlackSpear are GOLD to a software company.. perhaps they aren't always treated as such... but hey.. that's life...

15. panic

panic Guest

My 2.50.7 updated itself to 2.50.9 all by itself last week, and it was satisfying that the auto-update worked so well. Why should I worry myself over 'final' versions when they will be updated again anyway? Eset knows what they are doing, and I personally prefer to wait, than to have a version rushed out that may have a few bugs that could be corrected first. Besides, our impatience is rewarded with beta versions that many users aren't even aware of, so we get to have a taste of what's to come anyway. Let's be satisfied with that!

16. NOD user

NOD user Guest

That's what I prefer, too. Eset should take all the time they need to release a bug-free new version of NOD32. I don't care when Eset decides to release it as long as NOD32 version 2.5 runs as smoothly on my computer as the current version.The new version is ready when it's ready. Period!

17. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I'd throw my 2¢ in here, but after 100+ posts, it would be kinda redundant. I look forward to the release of 2.5, but I have had 100% satisfaction with what I've been using and there's no rush. :D

Keep up the stellar work ESET!!

18. Visiting

Visiting Guest

yep, ready when it's ready, but no since in sticking your foot in your mouth putting out a press release stating that it will be available on May 6th and then it's not!

Gee, is there a retraction posted on their website.....I think NOT!

19. Edwin024

You did get my point, Visiting ;)

I'm happy with NOD32 too, but that was not my point. I am a journalist and I find it great when I get news from companies to use in my work, but the information they give me must be accurate, so that I can inform readers correct too. So what Eset did in this case is, to put it mild, not handy. For the people what the press bulletin was for. The media, and clearly also the users, because it is (still...) on the Eset website.

20. Client

Client Guest

yea, no announcements, no apologizes and even i can't find link to this forum on official site.
    I dissapointed in Eset, i don't know anymore if i can trust this company.

21. Jestin

Jestin Guest

And for those that are willing to wait for the 'final' version, you have to remember that there is no such thing as final.. and bug free just doesn't make sense in the world of computer software. Granted it should be 'more' bug free, but even with the final version there will still be bugs, that's for sure. So don't be quick to say it's worth the wait. Your computer could be the one that suffers the problems. :) And to add insult to injury, it could be because of something they added (or 'fixed') over the last few days, that delayed it to begin with! I'm sure there was a reason to delay the launch. It happens all the time with music, movies, etc. It would feel a little nicer though if it didn't seem like it was a date set in stone. Say 'tentative' release date or something. Heh.

22. HAN

HAN Registered Member

After reading several complaints of how NOD32 users have somehow been abused (my words) by the delay of 2.5, all I can say is there is no abuse. Maybe disappointment due to your anticipation based on a marketing press release, but no one has abused anyone. Version 2.12.3 and 2.50.9 beta are still guarding all of our machines as they have been all along.

Obviously, something came up and the decision was made to make the necessary changes prior to final release. How many of us in either our personal or business lives have detailed plans go awry? Having unknown/unseen things happen at the 11th hour doesn't make us unethical. Sure, it would have been nice for another small press release stating that the date have been bumped. But when the release didn't happen, I knew that eset had a good reason. And that truthfully, it isn't important for me to know what the reason is...

Within the last year, I had the priviledge (and fun) to be an early beta tester for a re-designed AV (not eset/NOD32.) I had many email conversations with one of the main developers. I found the gentleman (who also was there to help design the original versions) to be honest and excited about the work they were doing. The product was designed as a good solid product and remains a good solid product. That said, once the new version came out, there were several users that complained about all kinds of things...how it looked, how it worked...and often making wrong assumptions and saying things about the developers that were just cruel and hurtful. Things that my acquaintance and his team did not deserve...

And so I come here today and see a similar kind of thing happening. I guess all I can ask of my fellow NOD32 users is that 2.5 will be here shortly. Having ran the beta, the wait will be worth it. I'm positive eset is not trying to deceive anyone. I'm sure eset marketing is aware that the timeframe didn't quite work out but that it's darn close. Just a bit more patience, pleaseo_O

(BTW, I'm not associated with eset in any way other than a user like the rest of us... ;) )

23. Edwin024

Again: I have the patience. No problem. It's just that if a company puts out a press bulletin with a date in it, etc..

Maybe Eset learns something from this too. And that would be nice.

24. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Agreed! :)

25. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks to ALL who have commented.

I'll leave you with a quote from Markus....and we all can now await for Monday....whenever that may be in your part of the World.
    This thread is now closed.

Have a nice weekend....and Happy Mothers Day to each and all who hold that position.

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.