NOD32 2.5 - Comments & opinions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

If I understand you correctly, I get the same thing here. I use Opera, and sometimes, a web page will just refuse to load. Opera doesn't even connect to the site. I just click Go over and over, and after several tries, it usually works. This generally happens to me when I'm opening new pages. I know it isn't a connection issue, or a problem with the server.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i also seem to be experiencing a similar problem, but i never had such a problem with nod32 v2.12.x could the nod32 beta be the culprit?

3. controler

controler Guest

While running a scan I can not surf or check e-mail.

Anyone else having this problem?

Bruce

4. nameless

It seems that way; I ran 2.12.3 for a long time, and never had this problem before, either.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I already had this problem with Maxthon before I make a clean install of NOD32 beta...

6. nameless

So what are you saying--that the clean install corrected the problem? I don't know why that would be (sounds weird), but it's still a problem Eset needs to know about and correct.

7. nameless

I also have had strange errors with my email client, and the same thing applied: Repeatedly re-trying to check mail made it work eventually. This never happened before installing the NOD32 2.5 beta, to my knowledge.

8. fehmi

fehmi Registered Member

I have experienced the behavior mentioned by RejZoR with some webpages (using Firefox 1.02).

During my 1-day experiment with NOD32 2.5, my Windows Explorer once closed and restarted all of a sudden.

In addition, I received "Rundll32: Memory could not be read" errors when I started Sony Vegas 5 and Sony Sound Forge 8. Fortunately both programs ran correctly. Then I reverted back to 2.12.3 and everything is ok now.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Yes, the clean install resolve the problem.
    I also had problems with Thunderbird and Trillian, and after the clean install I don't have it...

10. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I have had none of the problems with web browsers or email that have recently been described, but I have only run NOD32 2.5 as a clean install.

11. nameless

Stopping (i.e. unregistering) and starting (i.e. re-registering) IMON may have worked just as well.

But the point is that you are supposed to be able to upgrade from 2.1.x to 2.5... So, if these problems crop up after doing so, and we point it out, we're being good beta testers.

I'm knowingly running beta software, so my objective isn't really to make things work perfectly, but rather to find out when they don't, and let them know!

12. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I would just like to add that, in my experience, reports to beta25@eset.sk tend to produce responses ;)

13. nameless

Yes, and I've been emailing them--probably more than they care to hear from me. :)

14. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I have been noticing some strange behavior with my mail since the NOD32 beta has been installed. I'm a member of a cycling listserver and have noticed that some, but not all, of the messages from this group get rather munged during the download. These messages are simple text with an occasional url. Nothing fancy.

The symptoms:
    • In Outlook, the sender and subject entries are blank after downloading.
    • Since I use Mailwasher, I can see that at least the sender and subject entries were fine at the server
    • Viewing the message in Outlook shows that the mail headers are completely munged. They now appear as text within the body of the message and the headers have been replaced with portions of the mail message.
    • The NOD32 scanned footer does not appear in these messages
    • These mail messages typically are sent as a short digest main message with the listserve dialog as discrete message attachments (there are typically up to 12, occasionally more, generally less).

Blue

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  15. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Nah, impossible to give too much feedback on a public beta - as long as you play nice, of course :D :D

16. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have the same scenario with the same problems....
    • I use The Bat! as my e-mail client with the same results.
      I also use mailwasher and can verify that the e-mails in question are OK.
      The same happens to me, but also not all messages in the digest make it. Usually only 2 or 3 out of 8 or 9.
      Same here.
    The same here except the number of message attachments are usually 2 or 3 up to 8 or 9.

17. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I am trying to get my head around this listserver email problem. Is this the same as, say, Langalist - langalist [listreply_std@langa.com] - because I am receiving this without any problem using Outlook, since the beta now provides a plugin that works for my version of Outlook, 2002, Yes!!!! :D :D :D

[considering the amount of bourbon consumed prior to the sending of this email, I wish to apologise in advance for the content. I didn't have this problem when I smoked, but I had lots of others :D :D :D ]

18. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I just did a quick download. There were two maillist items in the queue, one with 12 attachments, one with 10. The one with 10 was hammered, the one with 12 came through in Outlook (not Outpost as I originally wrote - firewall on the brain...). This does need to be fixed since the mail in question is destroyed.

Blue

Reply:
    Hi Blue, please send all information about the version of the software you use as well as the procedure how to replicate the issue to beta25@eset.sk with a link to this thread

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2005
  19. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I had my suspicions that IMON was just being disabled periodically, but confirmed last night when I opened NOD32 and saw IMON greyed out. This brings me to a suggestion: have some kind of change to the NOD32 tray icon when -any- of the modules are disabled, grey seems like it would be appropriate for modules besides AMON being disabled.
    (For others getting this, once IMON is enabled again, just close and restart any internet apps to get them working again. In some cases this can be easier than just trying to connect repeatedly.)

I'm also getting graphic "glitches" when I expand enough of the modules that it needs to scroll. Once the scrollbar appears it draws a black line around the inside of the window and remains static. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

20. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Notok,

Are you using Style XP or Window Blinds? Just by looking at the scrollbar on the right hand side is leading me to believe so.

If that is the case, perhaps it is just some incompatability between NOD, either of those programs and perhaps SP2 (if you are running it).

21. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

22. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I had to uninstall this beta again because now I can't connect to mail mail server and to instant messengers... :(

I will wait for another to test NOD32 again...

23. nameless

I sort of hate to say it, but... Maybe now they believe me about the connection issues.

24. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Is it possible to install the beta and not install EMON, or DMON? I know they can be turned off but I don't need either of them.

25. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Started to see some GUI display problems. The right third of the DMON,EMON and IMON screens disappeared. AMON was normal. It could possibly related to the new cache system as I had the computer running constantly (without a reboot) since installing the beta and a reboot returned things to normal. Using a 64MB GeForce II vid card with a PII 450 and 512MB RAM and an Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard. I'll give it another week or so and see if it returns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.