NOD2 Beta 2

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Phil, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Is everybody here asleep at the wheel? :D :D

Be advised you still must enter your user and pass on the first update even if you put them in on install. They are there but not accepted until you re-enter.

Oh -- download from your own server. The version on the ESET home site is not in English. Well, what are you waiting for. :cool:

Phil

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I had the beta 1 installed and it detected and upgraded to beta 2 automaticly. My user name and password were carried over with no problems.

Looking great so far... Going to do a full system scan in a bit.... Will report back with the results...

Regards,
    Kent

3. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

Same here. Beta 1 detected and updated to Beta 2 with no problems. No need to put username and password in at all.

bowhuntr

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

You guys are a little more brave than I -- either that or I have tested a few too many betas. :D

I always do a complete uninstall and reg clean between beta versions of any program to prevent any "hangovers". I guess it would be OK with NOD32 because their coding seems a little more precise than most. I'm still gonna do it though to keep from getting in the habit.

Phil

5. puff-m-d

Hello all,

Beta 2, so far, seems to be a large improvement over beta 1. I have just finished giving it the once over, including a full system scan of 73,697 files in 15 minutes 20 seconds. The only problem so far that still exists in this version is found when scanning my java program files. I still get an enormous amount of CRC errors-file may be damaged when scanning these files. I have uninstalled java, done a thorough registry cleaning, and reinstalled, but the problem persists. I do not have this issue with the current release version. However the problem with the unpackers when doing a full system scan has been fixed.

Overall, IMHO, beta 2 is a big improvement over beta 1, but still with a few bugs to be fixed.

Regards,
    Kent

6. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Damn Eset UK site I couldn't access tonight, but eventually find an English version of beta2 at:

http://www.nod32.com/ndntenstb2.exe

Would appreciate an official posting of Beta download links next time :)

Fedorov.

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for the "heads up' Phil.

I used the "update now" button and I got the beta2.

The install was smooth and the scanner worked fine.
    Is it me or does the scanner scan faster?I wish I would have kept notes on the number of files scanned and the time taken to scan with the other version.

I tried the "update now" button again and it worked.I got the message that I have the current version.

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

hello and the site you posted is for windows NT....?? can someone post a download for windows 98se?? thanks, just to let you know i removed the beta i had on my machine(nod32V2 beta 1 thinking it was a correct version)and am now with out?? thanks for any and all help.. o_O o_O

9. puff-m-d

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thank you!!!
    :D :D :D :D

11. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi puff-m-d,

>The only problem so far that still exists in this version is found when scanning my java program files. I still get an enormous amount of CRC errors-file may be damaged when scanning these files.

I sent you a PM - we need more info from you.

Thanks, :D

jan

12. puff-m-d

jan,

info emailed this morning........

Regards,
    Kent

13. jan

Hi Kent,
    This has been already fixed - it should be OK in a couple of days - upcoming Beta3.

Thanks. :)

jan

14. puff-m-d

jan,

Thanks!!!!! Fantastic support as always!!!!!! :D

Regards,
    Kent

15. jan

>Thanks!!!!! Fantastic support as always!!!!!!

Thanks for that, Kent :) - we have still many things to fix. Keep your fingers crossed! :D

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.