NOD v5 causes BSOD on reboot.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TimaN, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Just before it gets to "Welcome" screen I get a stop error 07E. Doesn't list a faulty driver or anything else. I do a restart after BSOD and it boots up fine. This error repeats itself just about every other time. Uninstalling Nod fixes the problem. Running Win. XP SP3. Any suggestions?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

contact tech support, they might ask for more info

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

4. arqarq

arqarq Registered Member

This is known. Turn off HIPS. Waiting for solution too. The same issue occurs on WinXP x64.

5. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

No other real-time scanners running. Good to know that it's a known issue. Will wait for a fix :doubt:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you supplied Customer care with the dump created during the crash? Unless you do so it's impossible to tell if ESET is involved or if it's a known issue.

7. arqarq

arqarq Registered Member

I've sent a few dumps and get this info from them, otherwise I wouldn't write it here. As they suggest turning off HIPS helps and no BSODs occur anymore. They've told me this will be fixed in the next HIPS module. I was concerned that only me is getting this issue, now I'm not :)

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I see but you never know if this is the same case or if BSOD is caused by something else, e.g. 3rd party drivers interfering with ESET. Without getting a dump it's impossible to tell what's causing it.

9. arqarq

arqarq Registered Member

Of course, sending dump to Eset is a must for TimaN. I've only wanted to get people to know my issue, with the same symptomps, when their for-years-ok-pc (like mine) gets BSOD after install EAV5 (no problems with EAV4).
    Also, TimaN could turn off HIPS and check if it helps, then it is the same issue.

10. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

I ended up reverting back to v.4 before I could send the dump. Will have to wait until most bugs with v.5 smooth out.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.