nod v3, vista or me? gradual slowdown

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stratoc, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

my pc has got slower recently, only noticed it a couple of weeks ago, last night it locked up, after a cold reset it froze again. i use ccleaner once a week, router firewall nod v3 installed since 621, and spyware blaster, i downloaded a squared last night also spyware blaster and ran in safe mode, both found nothing.
    i tried all kinds of things to try and get my system running well again all to no avail, i installed nod v2 again and my pc is back to its fast self again?
    its a dualcore pc 2 gb ram. but after reinstalling v2 it was like a new pc again, any ideas? should i have emptied the cache? it's puzzling me, v3 slowly but surely ground my pc down and i have no idea why?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

"i downloaded a squared last night also spyware blaster and ran in safe mode, both found nothing." should read "a squared and spybot s&d"

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, thanks for the reply, i had never messed with settings on either version of nod, i find security programs a very necessary pain and i like to install and forget, i wont even start with vista :/ i will stick with v2 for a while as i find it a little leaner anyhow, thanks again.

5. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

I am glad I still have Windows XP Pro and there will soon be a SP3 that will enable it to run even faster, and be better. Microsoft is even working on a new Windows7 version to be released in 2009.

Seems most of the issues, whether AV or other are coming from Vista compatibilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.