nod v3, vista or me? gradual slowdown

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stratoc, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

my pc has got slower recently, only noticed it a couple of weeks ago, last night it locked up, after a cold reset it froze again. i use ccleaner once a week, router firewall nod v3 installed since 621, and spyware blaster, i downloaded a squared last night also spyware blaster and ran in safe mode, both found nothing.
    i tried all kinds of things to try and get my system running well again all to no avail, i installed nod v2 again and my pc is back to its fast self again?
    its a dualcore pc 2 gb ram. but after reinstalling v2 it was like a new pc again, any ideas? should i have emptied the cache? it's puzzling me, v3 slowly but surely ground my pc down and i have no idea why?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

"i downloaded a squared last night also spyware blaster and ran in safe mode, both found nothing." should read "a squared and spybot s&d"

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, thanks for the reply, i had never messed with settings on either version of nod, i find security programs a very necessary pain and i like to install and forget, i wont even start with vista :/ i will stick with v2 for a while as i find it a little leaner anyhow, thanks again.

5. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

I am glad I still have Windows XP Pro and there will soon be a SP3 that will enable it to run even faster, and be better. Microsoft is even working on a new Windows7 version to be released in 2009.

Seems most of the issues, whether AV or other are coming from Vista compatibilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.