Nod v3 Communicating with Kernel

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tatezi, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatezi

tatezi Registered Member

Hi everyone,

After having a new power supply installed at shop, the tech, without my permission tuned up Windows including removing Nod from startup folder, began receiving Error Communicating with Kernel.

Went to the fix at ESET's site here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1316960802677. After restart, still received the error. Reading the page further it said "Your computer may be infected with Win32/IRCBot.ANR" and gave me a link to download and run to clean the virus.

Ran the program, restarted computer and now Nod is disabled stating "many of Nod's modules will not function properly." with no option to enable it.

Can any one help meo_O
    Thanks,
    Tatezi

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. tatezi

tatezi Registered Member

Thanks for gettng back to me.

I ran the malware cleaner that was linked on the same page as the fix for the possible malware twice. It never told me if it had resolved the problem...just gave me a quick flash of the DOS window. How do I know if the potential malware was removed?

Downloaded the newer version of Nod32 to install once I'm sure the malware is gone and I uninstall the existing version. Just would like to know how I can be sure the malware was removed?

Appreciate your help!

Tatezi

4. tatezi

tatezi Registered Member

Thanks for all your help. Was able to uninstall using the Windows Uninstall Cleaner and got v5 installed and all is working fine now.

Appreciate your help and the malware links you provided.

Tatezi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.