NOD updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stem, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PigBrother

PigBrother Registered Member

Erm, first of all I'm a Kaspersky user and now a two months demo version NOD32 user.

In my humble opinion something is pretty wrong with some users attitude. "Lost of faith", "lost of trust", "lost of whatever you like" are just granma complains.
    As a decent user, some people should know that everything fails.
    Kaspersky screwed up updates features few hours after version 6 launch, TrendMicro screwed up badly some things last year with an untested update that caused 100% CPU usage after start-up and another one who detects some IRC clients as threats, Symantec screwed up badly with some flaw in scanning engine that caused execution of malware instead of deletion and so on.

So, everything fails one day or another.
    If you change an application on first error you'll finish soon out of applications. There is no such perfect thing.
    As a personal conclusion: offer reasonable solutions, give feedback, wait for a fix and relax. Is not a hole in the ozone layer, is not a H bomb in Paris and is not a bloody alien invasion.
    Thank you.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Very well said.:cool:

3. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

Woow how can you do it? Two months? Are you using a cracked version?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2006
  4. The Hammer

Trials beyond 30 days have been offered before in some countries. It's a little crass to jump to the conclusion the version is cracked.

5. guilijan

The tial version are only 30 days full operative.
    But as you said, where can I download a 60 days full operative version?:D :D :D

6. PigBrother

PigBrother Registered Member

It's a 60 days demo version from a local Eset reseller.
    It comes on a CD-ROM with a serial number which must be activated on Eset site to get a user/password available for two months.

7. guilijan

Can you give me mails off some of that resellers?
    So I can ask for one copy for me.

8. The Hammer

You are best served by checking with resellers in your own country. They are available on the Eset site.

9. guilijan

You are best served by checking with resellers in your own country. They are available on the Eset site.

Yes but no one in my country and no one in ESET (web page) gives 60 days demo, only 30 days.
    So I ask you again, can you give me some mails from some resellers so I can ask for one copy?

10. The Hammer

It looks as though you will have to move to Romania at the present time.

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You've already said in more than one earlier post that you don't want to use NOD ever again anyway.

12. guilijan

Oh Dracula*puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

13. guilijan

You've already said in more than one earlier post that you don't want to use NOD ever again anyway.

And who said that it will be for me?

I have many enemies too.

14. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Right... makes perfect sense, that. :ninja:

15. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

For your information, I came across a site that is offering 90 days trial (commercial version). :eek:

16. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

That is correct.
    But, have you tried to report bugs or suggest anything to Kaspersky or Trend?
    I have numerous times, and always have received thanks and some info - do they recognize it as a bug, when it will be corrected etc. Same even in case I suggested something they didn't agree with.

Now, go get similar attitude from Eset, and good luck!

I already mentioned NOD's protection. They have screwed it up so badly that it is more like a joke. And, it requires really very litttle to fix.
    I have tried to talk wit Eset about this, and guess what? They pretended dead, stupid, whatever, to just not admit there is a problem. Same for any other bug or suggestion - usually there is no straigt answer, just endless 'didyoudothisdidyoudothat' from their textbook, when everything would be clear had they switched on their computer and simply tried.

Sure enough, I didn't speak with developers(I think they cannot be dumb, if they created the best AV engine) but I do not feel urge to get through super defensive and not very intelligent support layer.
    The result is something I would hardly associate with best interests of users and Eset itself.

17. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Judging by some of the comments Guilijan has left about nod32 on another antivirus forum, not to mention this one, I'm not too sure that he actually wants a trial version of nod32. ;)

This link may be appropriate:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

:eek: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  18. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

Indeed a good link, and read it yourself!

However bad person Guilijan is, he asked a question which could possibly interest others too.
    But instead of answering, you are starting to scrutinize his person, which does not add anything at all to NOD's support. 90 day trial possibly would, at least to some.

19. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Ain't you doing the same now? Oh yeah me too.

20. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Who said Guilijan was a bad person? Not me. :)

Indeed, he provided this response as well "And who said that it will be for me?
    I have many enemies too.
    " I think there is an insinuation here. ;)

21. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

All I am saying is that if he would give NOD to his enemies, it wouldn't be so bad, after all. And that internet trolling does not apply to him in this case, even would he be the most natural one elsewhere.
    And that I would also like to know where to obtain 90day trial. I have few clients that might be interested (not enemies).

22. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Ok...

Your best bet would be to email support @ eset .com
    In my experience they are very quick, and helpful. :)

23. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Agree with you! ;) Everything seems fine now anyway.

24. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, back to the topic at hand, leave the personal swipes aside and lets all get along.

Any further swipes or trolling will be removed without notice.

Blackspear.

25. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

It may seem, but is not.
    The bug is still there, and can be reproduced with trial version easily, a bit more difficult with commercial version(but still can be reproduced with that one too).

If you understand security in generally accepted way, it is not fine, even if it lasts for 2 or 5 minutes instead of few days or few weeks as it was before.
    The fact remains - under specific conditions, NOD32 may not report its update status correctly, which is unacceptable for security software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.