NOD Randomly Blocks Popular Ports

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by SpookyET, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

Randomly NOD32 2.7 and Eset Smart Security starts blocking popular ports. At first, I thought it was only HTTP, but today I noticed that it does that for FTP as well. IRC works. BitTorrent works. This only happens when I have an ESET product installed.

I don't know why this happens. But, you cannot regain http access until you restart the computer. It's quite annoying. This is not firewall related because it works with NOD32 2.7 as well. It could be a driver issue. Regardless to say, I don't know what to do about it. So, I have uninstalled both the NOD32 trial and Eset Smart Security Beta 1b.

I'm on Vista.

2. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

Looking in Event Viewer, I see
    from source SharedAccess_NAT.

Obviously, I have plenty of memory. Could it be a driver issue?

3. Writer

Writer Registered Member

You may have plenty of memory but how much address space does the DNS proxy agent have left? :)

An allocation failure could indicate a memory leak eating up the process address space. Or it might be failing to find a large enough contiguous block of address space. It does seem odd that something is trying to allocate 0 bytes of memory, although depending on the allocator it probably won't cause any problems, but may be indicative of one.

4. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

Could it be the wireless card driver or something left over from another firewall? It only happens with popular ports, not all.

I've had Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 installed. But, I uninstalled it and did a system restore as well. Then I installed NOD32. I don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.