Nod hangs

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by astro4travel, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astro4travel

astro4travel Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum because now I have a reason to join. I have been using Nod32 for about 7 months now with no problems up until now. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and with 1 gig of memory with a Pentium 4 Processor. What is happening is this I will start to scan for problems and about 14 minutes through, the engine quits. In other words it will stop scanning I waited for an hour and still no good. I ran scan disk and defragmented the C:\ drive. I also have a second hard drive on the system. Any thoughts? Thanks, Michael

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you're still using v2.7, uninstall it and install v3.246. I did just that and it's OK.

3. Sir George

Sir George Registered Member

What language is your version of Nod32? I am unaware of the version you quoted, V3.246, in English.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Sir George, I'm sorry I guess my brain got reversed for a minute. It's v3.642. :D

5. astro4travel

How would I go about getting this other version from the company? Do I just download it and use my old password and serial number? Thanks

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Download it from their download page for customers and use the user ID and password they e-mailed you.
    Uninstall 2.7 first.

7. astro4travel

I installed the new version without a hitch. I ran it last night and it still hangs at 81% completion of scan. Not sure what is going on. I contacted support on the website so may be they can help. It must be something in the system itself. :eek:

8. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Registered Member

I just downloaded the 30 day trial of Smart Security and have the same problem. The scan hangs up and will not complete. Any solutions?

9. sparx

sparx Registered Member

The first thing I would do is do a custom scan. Click on Setup > Extensions and uncheck the 'Scan all files' box. Possibly there's some random proprietary file or something that's causing the scan to halt. Once that's unchecked, click OK and run a scan.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2008
  10. Dr_Krall

Dr_Krall Registered Member

Probably the "old" typical problem with runtime-packers and heuristics activated. I had problems the same problem and deactivating runtime-packers and heuristics (both Heuristics and Advanced heuristics) in on-demand scan setup solved it.

By the way, anybody who knows if that issue been solved with latest version (3.0.650).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  11. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

12. astro4travel

Sparx,
    What you suggested in your post about the deactivating of the packers and the advanced heuristics. It worked. Do I have to do this now before every scan? Thanks again, Michael

13. astro4travel

Sorry,
    I believe that was Dr_Krall's suggestion. None the less, thanks for everyones help.Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.