Nod for Macs?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by 0pium_Dealer, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

Hi

I've been wanting to ask this for ages, why isn't there a version of NOD for the Mac?

Looking at the Nod web site, they do versions for Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD... and since the Mac OS is based on the BSD architecture, why isn't there a version for the Mac.

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I don't know the reason, however there's no version for Mac OS.

3. ralaz

ralaz Guest

McAfee's "Virex" and Norton dominate the virus market for Mac OS X. I believe that neither product requires a SN or activation as they do in the Windows market. For any third party anti-virus software developer (like Eset), it might seem like a tough sell especially when Apple bundles Virex in their .Mac package which it heavily pushes to its users upon purchase of a new system. Most of all, few Mac users seem to worry about virii, malware, leaktests, spyware and trojans on the Macintosh computers.

4. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

I know what you're saying, Apple user, on the whole seem less worry about viruses, spyware and trojans.

It just seem strange that Eset have developed a package for the Linux, FreeBSD, and the OpenBSD community, who, as a whole, will certaintly know a lot more about system security than your average apple user.

In terms of user based, I don't know the stats, so I may be wrong, apple user must surely outnumber the OpenBSD, FreeBSD users. So from a business point of view, it doesn't make sense.

But, as they already have a package for the various BSD's, it cannot be that much more difficult/expensive to develop one for the apple too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.