NOD compatibility with another program

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Acadia, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Are there any NOD users in this forum who also run Raxco's FirstDefense-ISR on their systems, if so, I've got a queston for you, thanks.

Acadia

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Hi,

A recent convert. I run NOD with - Outpost - FD - Perfect Disk - ProcessGuard - Online Armour and pctools spyware doc.

Only problems I have at the moment:
    with Perfect disk - service disconnects might not be NOD
    Netgear SC101 driver NOD seems interferre with the Zetera Service - causing memory write problems:) .

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I run perfectdisk on a couple of machines and have no nod32 conflicts.. so I don't think there is a problem there...

hth

Greg

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yo, fellows, I'm only concerned about Raxco's FirstDefense, not PerfectDisk, but thanks anyways. ;)

Acadia

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

No problem with First defence

6. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Acadia .
    What is your question my friend ?

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks Hollywood. I installed a trial version of NOD, and when I scanned my hard drive, it was able to go into and scan even the Snapshots which are supposed to be "off limits" to everything. I emailed Raxco support about this and was told that if NOD were to delete or move a file within those Snapshots, yes, there could be real problems.

Perhaps those Snapshots are not as protected as Raxco thinks that they are, I don't know, but Norton and KAV do not scan those other Snapshots, only the one that you are using, which is the way that it is suppose to be. o_O

Thanks again.

Acadia

8. hollywoodpc

Ok Acadia .
    This is interesting . NOD , for me , only scans my current . To be honest , I do not believe that IF NOD removes an infection in a snapshot , it will cause problems . But , I certainly could be wrong . But . you should never make a snap unless you know it is clean . If it is not and you make a snap , that kind of defeats the purpose . You can add a snap to the exclusion list in NOD and that may help .

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

On the trial version, unless I missed it and believe me, I looked, there was no exclusion list for folders for the complete hard drive scan, only for real time scanning, which is not the problem.

Acadia

10. hollywoodpc

You are correct Acadia . Only real time .
    I can only suggest two things that you have probably already realized . One , contact Eset to ask what your options MIGHT be . The second is to be sure your system is clean BEFORE making a snap . The other thing I would say is , run a scan . If something is found in a restore folder , just rename it . Do not delete if you are concerned . Renaming is the best thing when worried about messing up something in a restore file

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Oh, I'm not worried about cleanliness, I haven't had anything worse than a third-party cookie in years, I just find it really odd that you, and perhaps others, have not had this problem with, well, I'm not sure who to blame this on, NOD or Raxco ... at this point I guess that I blame Raxco because those Snapshots are supposed to be completely protected from everything, and if an AV scan can get in there, I gotta wonder what else could. :doubt:

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.