NOD Clients not updating properly, urgent assistance

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by coiter, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coiter

coiter Registered Member

a bunch of client computers on one of my lower RAC servers is not updating correctly.

I can log into them, and they will download all the updates they need, but when they start to process this update, it failes after 4/5 of the way.

this has only happen on one of the RAC servers, and not the others.

please advice on how to fix this.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i would delete the contents of the mirror folder and trigger Update now button in console

3. coiter

coiter Registered Member

the mirror folders are empty as i use the htpp RA and v3 of ESET.

mirror folder have actuallty never worked, dont know if its suppose to do that.

4. nonoise

Are the clients with update problems updating from internet then? Try to Clear update cache...

5. coiter

coiter Registered Member

no they are updating from the eras servers.

they can all download all the updates they need without problems. contacting the server and downloading the updates is not the problem.

its when the client process the updated they have downloaded they fail.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are definitely talking about the Mirror but in you case it has been created from the ESET Remote Administrator server . What you describe again talks about corruption in the Mirror files (a.k.a they can be downloaded but EAV/ESS clients can't apply them)

Find the folder where you have configured ERAS to create a Mirror and manually delete all the files inside this folder . Then , open ERA Server (Tools -> Server options -> Updates and press the "Update now" button) . Wait some time until ERA connects to ESET Servers and downloads the updates . When the Mirror folder have been filled in with files , select all your clients -> New taks -> Update now (to force update)

7. coiter

coiter Registered Member

Modified the the mirror.

Initiated a new update, to download new files. a total of 32 files where downloaded.

tried a manual update of one of the clients, and it still fails.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. coiter

coiter Registered Member

any ideas. been 3 days now without being able to update the computers on the locations.

all attempts on doing new updates and such has failed.
    i have made sure that the eras server and console is the lastest software.
    some clients has been updated to 3.0.672 version just to check.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest enabling diagnostic logging verbosity on such a client and running an update manually. Then check the ESET event log and post the records related to the latest udpate attempt here (if you're not already in touch with Customer care).

10. nonoise

try to delete .dat files on clients in their nod32 folder (c:\program files\eset\eset NOD32 Antivirus)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.