Nod Blocking Internet Connection

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hazeleyze, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

I just had a rough 4 days. I've had DSL for the last two years which is about as long as I've had Nod. I've had Outpost for a year. Never had a problem. On Tuesday, I changed to a wireless internet provider. Everything was fine until the next morning when I couldn't get connected. For some reason, my DHCP wasn't renewing my IP address. I kept going over and over the rules for Outpost firewall, thinking that was the problem. I had to keep uninstalling and re-installing Outpost to get connected. My allow rules were being shown as blocked in the logs.

This morning I decided to try Port Explorer to see if it showed anything different than Outpost. That's when a box popped up saying something like IMON noticed a change in the network configuration and to reboot. I had forgotten that I had the box checked for IMON to auto detect network changes. So I unchecked it, rebooted, and DHCP renewed my IP address.

Can anybody tell me why IMON blocked DHCP?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There was probably a conflict with another application working at Winsock level. Usually it should work, but some applications don't. It's necessary that all Winsock applications can coexist together, IMON was developed to act that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.