NOD beta in sp2 security center

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by ronjor, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Screenshot

Attached Files:

2. Pete_x

Pete_x Guest

that's a nice pic woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!

3. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

If you turn the auto updates off for windows how do you stop windows from putting the windows security alerts in your task bar.

4. Alec

Alec Registered Member

You click on that line to the left in the screenshot that says "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and then you have a dialog where you can uncheck alerts for automatic updates, but you have to be logged in with Administrator privileges to do so. At least I'm pretty sure that will take care of it. If not, you can always set the "Security Center" service to manual or disable in the "services.msc" Admin console.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Correct!

6. Pete_x

Pete_x Guest

in the RC 1 and RC2 if you turn off auto updates you cant use the windows update website either leaving your vulnerable

isnt that the same for fiinal sp2

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I went to the new update site with automatic updates turned off and it scanned just fine.

8. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

Worked Thank you!

9. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

I have automatic updates turned off through msconfig with XP SP2, and I cannot get updates if I visit Windows update site V5. It says the service is not running, and it tells me how to enable the update service. Also, I could not check for updates either with XP SP1a on V5 with automatic updates disabled in msconfig services.

I did see somebody else post in another forum that they could get updates with XP SP1a with the auto update service disabled, so its really wierd that people are getting different results.

If I just disable the Windows update service through services, then after a reboot the service is enabled again. Once I disable it through msconfig, then the service stays disabled even after a reboot, at least it does on my rig, and I cannot get any Windows updates with either XP SP1a or SP2.

10. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

If you have one available, joining a domain will remove the security center altogether replacing it with a message that the domain admin will do the job(not in those words, lol) :eek: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.