NOD AntiVirus Beta 2 Comments

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Thankful, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you suspect a file to be a false positive, the best practice is to encrypt it with WinRAR/ZIP, protect with the password "infected" and email it to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive ..." in the subject. We don't need files that are actually not false positives and, if you even submitted a file it might get lost among those thousands of files that we receive on a daily basis.

2. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Well, it seems to be a part of my Nero 6. Programm.

During a On Demand Scan it shows me this file and gives me just two Options Delete or leave. Why there is no direct submitting possibility from this place ?

So, i thinks it's a false positive, because it's something from Nero. An easy way for ESET's checking this were to submit it directly from founding ( Window at On Demand Scan ) to ESET.

It's very difficult for me to explain in english what i mean. Sorry.

3. Marcos

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Still getting internal errors with latest update.

5. Marcos

Have you tried uninstalling ESET NOD32 Antivirus, restarting the computer and installing it from scratch? If it doesn't make any difference, could you try installing ESS and let me know if it helps?

6. flyrfan111

ESS brings a whole host of other problems with my network, I had already uninstalled and reinstalled ESAV and before reporting the problem. I take it you guys can't reproduce the errors from the files I sent to zeman, correct?

7. flyrfan111

Uninstalled, deleted all remaining Files, Folders and registry keys with Eset in them, then reinstalled with same result, Trying ESS now.

8. flyrfan111

Tried removing all Eset files, folders and keys and installed ESS and I get the same result, lots of internal errors.

9. Marcos

The errors seem to be reported on password protected archives. We'll fix it within next week by automatic update.

10. flyrfan111

But none of my files are password protected. There is also the issue of detecting Office 2007 files as ZIP packed.

11. DOOOMKULTUS

DOOOMKULTUS Registered Member

This is the worst.
    I expected this kind of behaviour from beta 1.evrything is messed up,firstly i had to install/unintall and remove files atleast 4 times,then the firewall wont function,and web protection would malfunction.I did clean install.
    and previous betas were just fine.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well 2 days with the AV and Sandboxie and no issues. Smooth as silk, and trust me that is good as I am their biggest critic.;)

13. flyrfan111

No problems during full scans? Check your reports, the on access scanner doesn't list the problem, but the on demand scanner log does.

On the other hand I had no problems with 2.7 where as you did.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Holy Swedish Meatballs Batman! So did anything get scanned?

15. flyrfan111

I guess you got the "internal error" report also then.
    I uninstalled it pronto after seeing that, makes me wonder what the on access scanner is scanning, or not scanning as the case may be.

16. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

I've come back after a brief 'dally' with Avast! to find at last there's a Beta of NOD32 AV!! Just installed, and I have to say...I like it, I like it a lot... :)

17. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

It's nice here, too. It is so easy to set up scheduled scans now in ESS.
    BTW - is the stand alone AV EXACTLY the same as the AV component of ESS?

18. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

It all sounds rather promising... although I think im going to hold back on installation until the "internal error" thing is sorted out. The I shall be jumping in head-first :)

19. flyrfan111

That's my philosophy, I got an email back from support saying they will have this fixed next week sometime.

20. Vendetta

Vendetta Registered Member

Well I installed ESS Beta 2 today and I must say: This program is great. The performance is really good, even better than my Kaspersky IS 7 before and that was fast, too. The scans are fast, not as fast as Kaspersky, but it's ok. I really like the schedule function and the antispam component.
    Only the firewall is a little confusing for me, but I think this will change after some time. :)

21. JCorliss

JCorliss Registered Member

Thanks. But this thread is for the AV. ;)

22. kofi

kofi Registered Member

Hi everyone! I 'm a new member in this forum and I would like to ask something, concerning NOD AV beta. When I installed the beta version, i could not update the virus defs...
    I have the version 2.7 and i do not experience these kind of problems.
    I am not using a proxy server, I have used the eset username and password, I 've even tried my username and password from version 2.7, .... nothing....

23. dormix

dormix Registered Member

I have installed Nod32 beta2 on XP OS and scanner on demand found more internal errors.

I have installed ESS beta2 on VISTA 32b and scanner on demand didn't find any internal errors but

both scanner stopped when they are at 46%
    and after more than one hour with processor at 100% I have interrupted the scan

24. flyrfan111

Did they both stop on the same file? Perhaps you should submit that file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.