Nod and VISTA betas...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by m.oreilly, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

i tried nod32 with the first Vista beta (5112), and had some problems.
    has anyone had experience using Nod on later releases? running 5219
    atm, and though i scan from a raided array w/xp installed, i'd like to
    have Nod running realtime in Vista. thanks:)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We tested NOD32 here with Vista and didn't encounter any probs.

3. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Yup, i can confirm this. I had terrible problems to install Vista (several serious rage outbreaks, flying coffeecups etc.) :D but once installed NOD32 runs there. At least i didn't notice any problems.

4. dog

dog Guest

LOL you should've used those "shock tank' toy thingys on the PC ... I'm sure that would've fixed everything right up. :cool: :p :ninja:

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah right, i tried electro-shock teraphy (220 volts) on PC once and it turned out to even have negative effect on it. STrange but true :D Maybe you should try cold water to cool it down. Maybe that would do the trick...

6. m.oreilly

thanks Marcos:)

7. m.oreilly

to all testing Vista: nod will not run in the dec. ctp release. kernal probs...

8. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Not only will NOD32 not run in neither 32-bit nor 64-bit Vista Build 5270, the WinRAR extractor that NOD32 uses fails to even extract the files to allow NOD32 to be installed.

After extracting these files on a Windows XP system, only then can NOD32 be installed. And then it fails to run - the Kernel Service starts, but the Control Center cannot communicate with it.

9. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Oh, another thing. Installing NOD32 in Vista Build 5270 seriously breaks the TCP/IP stack, resulting in no networking functionality at all. Removing NOD32 and rebooting *does* fix this.

This is in addition to NOD32 not running properly in Vista 5270.

10. ross232

ross232 Guest

Actually it is possible to run NOD32 in 5270. UAP protection prevents the GUI communicating to the kernel, simply right-click the control panel icon and select 'Run Elevated' and it will work just fine...

Disable the 'Imon' service and reboot and networking should be ok again too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.