Nod and C Net

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Madsen DK, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Just read a little about the review standart at CNET.
    A little shocking, and i do understand the anger of the Eset company.
    Its very sad that you have to be Mr. Mcafee & Mrs. Symantec to get good ratings.
    Im not saying that those two are bad products, they are obviosly the holy grail to CNET. :(
    And think of the damage such a amateur review does to Eset.
    Hope it isnt to bad.
    Regards Ole

BTW Any news on the realease date of Nod v.2

2. :(

The damage done by the inefficency of McAfee (especially) and Symantec to my computers, and the time lost, is what prompted me to look around for another anti virus solution. I found NOD32 by doing anti virus searches, and I did try it out, but I waited until April of thsi year before I bought it. So far, so good! It is the only AV out there that has not conflicted with other programs, doesn't mess up my machine, and catches EVERYTHING! The POP3 mail scanner is a bit on the rough side, but that will be updated with a mail scanner that will intercept viruses at the winsock level.. with version 2..

I actually did a lot of homework and asking around before I used NOD32. The review by Ken Feinstein is total fantasy, skewed to make Symantec look like the clear winner...I think CNET should either fire Feinstein or even itself! They are not qualified to do virus testing...

Haven't heard when Version 2 is coming out. I can't wait for it, however! 5 co workers of mine bought NOD32 becasue of my recommending it to them, and I have to make sure they get the new version too! I hope it's out before the spring...

3. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

I agree.
    I havent persuaded any og my colleagues yet, but still hopeing.
    They are Norton guys most of them.
    One of them have constantly lock conflicts but wouldnt even consider that Norton could be thr bad guy.
    Oh well, let them rest in peace, we know better :D dont we.
    Have a nice weekend
    Regards Ole

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

This is only time mentioned from the Eset side, but i guess they will nor confirm nor deny this ...

fixed quote

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I used Cnet for reviews untill I found out about that "test" on anti-virus programs.Maybe it's just me,but a "synthetic" virus is harmless!Wouldn't detection of something that is not an actual virus be a false positive?Just my opinion but that test didn't help Cnet's reputation in my eyes.How bad could that review damage Eset's reputation?I was a little PO'ed about that!But I look at it this way,NOD32 will win over future customers because of the excellent program it is,despite any review or test by Cnet.I'm a happy NOD32 user and like everyone else I am eagerly awaiting the new version.

6. ;)
    I think this thing with CNET has been beaten to the last drop of blood...
    Although, yes, I am responsible for a couple of posts out of outrage to CNET's bias and Flawed testing, I am now getting pretty tired of the whole thing.. CNET has absolutely no standards or morals as far as I'm concerned, to allow ALL those posts to pile up like that.. That is the most bizarrre thing I have ever seen!

I don't understand CNET. Do they have something personal against ESET? I know that Symantec pays for soem of their ads, but the whole review area reads like a lesson in pyschosis! Then you have those fake ones (Alisha S?) and those who don't even know what they're talking about., and then you have the Norton Shills and for while you even had some "Bitdefender's" join the NOD Hate club!..

I haven't been on CNET's site now for a while.. If I want to see fantasy, I will wait for the newest "Star Trek" movie to come out next Friday...

I trialed NOD32 after I had a bad experience with another av, and then I bought it, after I realized how stupid CNET's writing... However, until I figured it out, I DID hesitate, sad to say, because of the review and because I veered away from the two "head honcho's" of the av industry, Symantec and McAfee...Then I remembered Joe Wells open letter to CNET a couple of years back and I checked out Virus Bulletin, and Bought NOD32..

What about ALL those folks who didn't go as far as I did? What about all those All those lost sales?

Good thing ESET and Rodzilla (I think) took it upon themselves to defedn NOD32 from "Feinstein's Follies!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.