NOD and ACT!6.0

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Tired, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired

Tired Registered Member

I have really had it with McAfee. I am sure for many of you I don't need to explain.
    I use ACT!6.0 on my win2k for business and there are several problems I think are happening because of McAfee. (I also seem to be having some issues with trial of LnS - but that's for my next post- still let me know if you are aware of anything:))
    Anyway, before I download NOD32, I was hoping to get any feedback of known conflicts or the like with ACT's latest version.
    The Act tech support agreed there were issues w/ McA - script blocking features, and said they had not run compatibility checks with other AV or security programs and could not comment. But of course he did mention NAV, since symantec used to own ACT and they still have a close relationship.
    I am weary of NAV too. Oh well, thanks for any input. I have to get rid of these conflicting stuff and get back to my business. :)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Tired,

Personally, I'm not familiar with ACT! Could you provide an URL?

regards,

paul

3. Tired

Tired Registered Member

Hi Paul.

ACT! 6.0 is a Contact Management and Database program that is customizable and integrates with several other programs. I am a sole proprietor and work out of my home office(I am not networked as in a large Co)

www.act.com/products/act/

Thanks for taking a look.

URL tags corrected - Forum Admin

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Tired,

Thanks for the link. I'll look into this.

regards.

paul

5. controler

controler Guest

I used to Beta ACT for Symantec and I never had any conflicts with Norton AV and ACT but then why should there be?
    Example= just had a friend last night get hit in e-mail with Klez and Bugbear.. NAV 2003 caught and deleted both she has a smily face now

6. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Tired,

I don't have experience with ACT but I have used NOD32 with many different programs installed. NOD32 just prety much sits there quietly and does its job. The only problems I have had, and they are not major, is with apps that make LSP calls. Reading on the ACT site, I don't see anything that might make those calls except for one part -- the TAPI interface. You can easily exclude that part if problems arise. The *best* way to find out is download NOD32 and give it a test drive. They have a fully functional free trial.

I, too, had MANY problems with both McAfee and Symantec products. Needless to say, neither of those will EVER see my HDD again!

HTH

Phil

7. Tired

Tired Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.