NOD 32V2 Registration Questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by FireDancer, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hello all,

It has been a while since I have posted here...been busy building my business :)
    I recently wrote a e-mail to NOD asking a particular question and have yet to get an answer. My question/situation is I have 3 machines in my office at present and 2 are WIN XP and one is WIN98. I first purchased a full reg from NOD for the 98 machine and the reg recently ran out. Roughly 3 months ago I purchased 2 more registrations for the 2 XP machines ( still current ). I have recently made a decision to remove the XP machines from the net all together and they will not need any software on them at all as they will be used for storage purposes only.

At this time I have two current registrations for WIN XP and would like to know if NOD might turn those purchased registrations back over to the 98 machine for the duration of the registration life. I am not sure how that might work seeing how I purchased 2 registrations for XP which cost a bit more for the 2 machines. I am posting here only in hopes that some of the Eset people might be quicker to see this then the e mail I sent and be able to respond, also I hope I was clear as to what I am trying to achive here. If this is the wrong place to post I appologise in advance. I do have all my proof of purchase such as pay method and user names and passords if needed.

Regards,
    ~FIREDANCER~ :(

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

Firedancer,

I'm pretty sure that you can download the Win98 version of NOD from www.nod32.com. Just enter your username and password when prompted. You are entitled to use a version of Nod for whatever platform you choose for the duration of the licence period, as long as you don't exceed the number of licences you have purchased at any one time.

So if you remove your licensed copy from an XP machine and install the Win98 version on your other machine, you shouldn't have a problem. I have done the same myself (but in reverse) last year when I upgraded my machine from W98 to XP.

Phil

3. FireDancer

Phil_S,

Thanks for the responce.. I have uninstalled NOD from the XP machines allready and am using AVG on my 98 machine in place for now as I did not know for sure that it would work. I will try your suggestion right now and re install NOD on the 98 machine. Let you know how it goes.

I just didnt want to get a prompt saying something to the affect that your current user id and password are for NOD 32 (Windows XP download). I was under the assumption that when you were issued a user Id and pass that it was for the platform you origanaly purchased. Thanks again.

Regards,
    ~FIREDANCER~ :)

4. FireDancer

Phil_S,

Thanks again seems to be working... I will absolutley sure when it is time for auto update to run again. Seems I have to do some reading NOD 32 has some new stuff in it I see :D. Thanks again If I have problems I will post back.

Regards,
    ~FIREDANCER~

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Fire Dancer, your registration key is not specific to a particular operating system...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

6. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

No problem FireDancer, glad to have been of help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.