NOD 32 V5 AV incompatibility / Bug

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image 11 on XP Pro x 32 SP3 machines. I attempted to backup my machine several times using ATI 11 today, and the application would hang before beginning the backup. Almost immediately after ATI hangs windows will stop responding as well. Explorer would stop responding, and no application would function. The only thing I could do is move the mouse cursor on the screen. Each time I would have to do a hard reboot. I'm attempting to create a backup image of my machine to an external drive using ATI 11. I believe the problem is NOD 32 V5 AV is causing ATI 11 to hang when attempting to communicate with the external drive. I did not have this problem until upgrading from V4 to V5. As soon as I uninstalled NOD 32 V5 Acronis ATI 11 allowed me to create a backup image of my machine to the external drive with no problem. I have gotten no BSOD, but if I attempt to make the backup image with V5 installed the only way I can use the machine again is to do a hard reboot. Task manager will not even work to kill the ATI process. Is anyone else using ATI 11 with V5 AV on XP Pro x 32 SP3 , and able to create backups to an external drive? I'm pretty sure this is a bug or incompatibility issue.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order to determine the culprit, I'd suggest generating a complete memory dump at the point of a freeze and supplying it to ESET for perusal.

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you for your prompt respond Marcos! Windows is not generating a memory dump because i'm not getting a BSOD. Windows stops responding, but no BSOD. Any other suggestions?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you Marcos! I will try that.

6. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

While you are waiting for feedback on your memory dump, just out of curiosity, I wonder when you are connecting the backup drive to your system. Are you plugging it in while Windows is up and running? If so, try connecting the drive when the system is shut down, thereby booting with the drive plugged in already. See if that makes a difference.

If you have already tried that and it didn't help, never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.