Nod 32 V2 Newbie questions......

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by manOFpeace, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Hi,once more thanks for the free Nod 32 license. I certainly have noticed this is a different ball-game to Norton AV 2002. When I wanted
    to scan with Norton I just had to hit Scan my Computer,end of story.

I have been studying a lot of the queries in this forum but I would just like to confirm my understanding of the answers.
    It seems like I don't have to "Scan my Computer" any more. Correct?
    Is it correct that "everything" on my computer is being scanned constantly. I can see incoming mail is being scanned, what about outgoing mail, there is no notifacation that it is.
    Is it true all I really need to do is keep it updated and "everything" else is being taken care of.
    If I do want to do a "full scan" what action do I need to take, I so far don't see any choice for that.

Some of the above may have been mentioned more than once, I'm sorry for that but I am trying to cover all situations. If I have further concerns I will come back to ask. Regards, :) TIA.

2. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

On the upside, you don't have to go through any trouble to get daily updates. :)
    Maybe there is an easier way then this, but I always use the rightclick menu to scan. Open explorer, rightclick C (or whatever drive/folder you want to scan) and choose NOD32.

Don't know if you've looked here: http://www.wilders.org/screenshots.htm for some of the settings?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It seems like I don't have to "Scan my Computer" any more. Correct?
    Is it correct that "everything" on my computer is being scanned constantly.
    AMON, the REAL Time Monitor is constantly scanning the files on your computer but the on-demand scanner, NOD32, is not.

In most AV's the RTM and the Scanner have slightly different properties, or you may set up the running monitor to scan only certain files to avoid a system slowdown. Therefore, you would set up the scanner to scan ALL files as a background check.

Therefore, regular on-demand scanning is recommended to back up the real time monitor.

You can use the Scanner either by right-clicking, or by using the NOD32 Control Centre icon in the system tray. Here you can adjust the types of files scanned and schedule regular scans or scan immediately.

Some reasons for using the NOD32 scanner in addition to AMON are outlined here;

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12356

4. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thanks to members Blackcat and StAnger for replies. I appreciate that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.