Nod 32 question's?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Open Source, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Open Source

Open Source Registered Member

I have a few question's About N.O.D

1. Question What does N.O.D 32 stand for?

2. Simple request
    May we see this new cleaner and better interface pleas.

3. how does N.O.D 32 stack up in your opinion algaints anti virus programs sold by famous company's like let say norton?

4. Does N.O.D 32 work well with other programs or does it crash if you use a back up like norton or gav?

Some user's prefer a back up antiviruse for that extra feeling of security its just a prefrence don't read to much into this.

but it would be nice to know if N.O.D 32 works will with others.

5. Is the program newby friendly for first time user's

6. What separates N.O.D 32 from other Av's in your owen opinion and mind?

7. Does N.O.D 32 have any special features i wont find in most typical av's?

8. Does N.O.D 32 have the power and strength to fight off viruses made by the mist engine such as z mist and so on the new breed of malicious viruses?

9. Hows customer support?

10. Is it a life time of free updates or do i have to subscribe yearly Or pay for a major upgrade from v1.0 to 2.0?

11. Is N.O.D 32 a resource hog or does it stand with the typical 32 mb ram for windows 98 -2000k and 64 mb of ram on xp windows and pro versions?

12. Is N.O.D 32 moderately priced?

13. Does N.O.D have any unpacking power or sand boxing ability?

Can you show us some pictures of N.O.D 32 in action?

2. jsurfers

jsurfers Registered Member

You might have to real a whole lot in NOD32 version 1 Forum to answer your questions.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=35

Personally, I find NOD32 an excellent antivirus software compared to all other brands. I like the fast scanning speed, very low resource hog, and superior detection. I don't think I need another antivirus to be paired with NOD32. 22 Virus Bulletin Awards so far!
    It's just a waste of HD space.
    Good Luck.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

Some of your questions may be answered by checking out the Eset website. This one has some info re: the origins of the name and some other info:

http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/about/about.htm

As for customer support, it is available here in the official forum and also by email and I think also by telephone (if you don't mind long distance charges). In over a year of using NOD I've never had any reason to contact them for anything. ;) Not having any problems is the best service IMO.

Some screenshots of the new Version 2 were available in the NOD Beta forum as I recall.

There's an annual subscription which includes program updates and upgrades as well as virus signature definitions ($27.50 for a year) . I find it reasonably priced and better than buying NAV's upgrades every year at retail like some people do or paying almost $20 for an annual NAV virus definitions subcription.

NOD is known for being light on resources (good for those on older machines and OS') and not bloatware like some other products. And also known for fast scanning although that doesn't matter so much to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.