NOD 32 plus Kaspersky overkill?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by colt45allstar, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the insider

the insider Registered Member

I too have not made my mind up yet between NOD32 and Kaspersky Internet solution 6... Mainly because I have a problem with Kaspersky. I use firefox and for download I use an extension which allows me to scan EVERY download I make. NOD allows me to do this because I could easily find the file needed to do that. With Kaspersky I can't find the file to have the prog scan the files I downloaded. Can anybody tell me which file from the Kaspersky directory I need in order to have an autoscan ? If I succeed in this than I can make up (finally) my mind.o_O
    Thx !

2. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

o_O why would you want to do such a thing?... KIS's webAV scans all the files you download from the internet automaticaly... it scans for viruses and scripts before its downloaded, so you dont need the FF plugin. Also, when you open the file you downloaded, it'll automaticaly scan the file, so you wont get infected anyway.

3. BeBizzy

BeBizzy Registered Member

Don't hesitate, let the facts make your decision.

Look at http://www.eset.com/company/press.php

And you will see NOD32 is the 38th winner of VB100% award and NOD32 receives most comprehensive anti-spyware certification from Checkmark, etc, etc.

We and our clients using NOD32 for 5 years now, without one problem!

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

As an admitted 'NOD32 reseller', your comments here are biased and therefore, hold no weight.

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

yaaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!:isay: these kind of posts are useless and dont halp anyone... no-one asked for this crappy information... threads got nothing to do with this BS... no-one asked how many VB100% awards or certificates etc NODs got... stick to the topic!... having these kind of posts in every thread in every forum about AVs put me well of NOD... annoying! :mad: people like you who post this give NOD, a great AV a bad reputation IMO... stick to the topic... no-one asked for this information; threads about having NOD and KAV running simultaneously and wether its a good idea or not

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

^ Calm down..

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I want Virusman just like Hostsman.
    Hostsman allows me to combine different hosts files.
    Virusman would allow me to combine different AV definition databases, like NOD32, KAV, ......
    Then I press the scan button. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

wise words :ninja:

9. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

It is related to eScan, which I'd be surprised if you've not heard of. It seems like it was used a lot more widely when most A/V's did not detect very many trojans, and there were limited free trojan utilitys available.

I'll say flat out that there marketing seems deceptive, however, I've heard nothing but good about the free "MWAV Toolkit"

In the name of science, I implore you, run it and give us your take. I will too, like I said, but I am fully scanned by four good programs including NOD32 and KAV6, and registry maintained with JV16-2006, so I'm not thinking it will come up with anything...But if it does, that would be impressive!

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.