NOD 3.0 Mirror Serving NOD 2.7 Clients

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ThomasDietrich, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasDietrich

ThomasDietrich Registered Member

I've opened a couple support cases with ESET, but they don't seem to respond...

I've upgraded my server to NOD 3.0 and installed the mirror.
    I've pushed out NOD 3.0 to most of my clients, but there are still many that are using NOD 2.7 (the push fails).
    How can I continue to provide updates to BOTH client versions from the same server? All my NOD 2.7 clients are quickly becoming out-dated as I'm required to use remote control tools, or worse yet, sneaker-net to get them upgraded to 3.0.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , you have made a mistake in upgrading the server to v3 .

Version 2 is incompatiable with v3 , so v3 cannot provide updates for v2 .

What you need to do now is to revert your server to v2.7 and configure v2's Mirror . On the server you can only update the ERAS/ERAC to v2.0.33

Your v3 clients will update from the ERA . Yes , from the ERA because the new version of the RA server can provide the Mirror function as well (by design) . This is configured from the Server options when you open the ERAC v2.0.33

Your server machine must have some ports open . Unless you change the default settings , ports are 8081 , 2221 , 2222 , 2223 (both v2 and v3)

3. ThomasDietrich

ThomasDietrich Registered Member

Well it's nice that the documentation was so thorough... :thumbd:

It's also nice that ESET was thinking about their current install base when releasing the new tools... :thumbd:

Not sure it was ME who made the mistake so much as it was ESET in releasing a poorly documented and poorly conceived upgrade.

I can probably get the remaining clients updated easier than back-peddling on the server. I had hoped that there would be a better solution, like perhaps the ability to continue serving older clients from my new server. o_O

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.