NOD 3.0.566 Configuration Store

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gershwin, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershwin

Gershwin Registered Member

I am currently testing NOD32 3.0 in a couple of environments.

On my personal computer at home, I installed it on the D:\Drive - as I do all programs subject to change or updates - since my C:\Drive is usually run in virtual mode using Shadowsurfer. (For WIndows Updates, I drop back to real mode, install the updates, reboot and then restart back in to virtual mode.

NOD32 updates its DAT each time I boot up, as it should when I am in virtual mode. However, changes in firewall configuration are not retained after a restart . This can only mean that the firewall configuration changes are being saved on the C:\ Drive, despite the installation being on the D:\Drive.

While this is not a dealbreaker for purchase and installation for the workstations I support that only operate in real mode, it renders the product almost useless for the increasing number of workstations I have that are using multiple virtual machines in the course of their work - as well as, of course, my home computer.

I should also point out that this behavior is unique among the firewalls I have sued / tested at home - Comodo, ZoneAlarm, McAfee Corporate, SunBelt, etc.

Is there any way to correct this situation, or is this built-in?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.