NOD 3.0.566 Configuration Store

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gershwin, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershwin

Gershwin Registered Member

I am currently testing NOD32 3.0 in a couple of environments.

On my personal computer at home, I installed it on the D:\Drive - as I do all programs subject to change or updates - since my C:\Drive is usually run in virtual mode using Shadowsurfer. (For WIndows Updates, I drop back to real mode, install the updates, reboot and then restart back in to virtual mode.

NOD32 updates its DAT each time I boot up, as it should when I am in virtual mode. However, changes in firewall configuration are not retained after a restart . This can only mean that the firewall configuration changes are being saved on the C:\ Drive, despite the installation being on the D:\Drive.

While this is not a dealbreaker for purchase and installation for the workstations I support that only operate in real mode, it renders the product almost useless for the increasing number of workstations I have that are using multiple virtual machines in the course of their work - as well as, of course, my home computer.

I should also point out that this behavior is unique among the firewalls I have sued / tested at home - Comodo, ZoneAlarm, McAfee Corporate, SunBelt, etc.

Is there any way to correct this situation, or is this built-in?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.