NOD 2.7 Trial Version Update Loop

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jledyard, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jledyard

jledyard Registered Member

I have a new Windows XP Pro SR2 computer with NOD 2.7 Trial Version pre-installed by the computer vendor, Microcenter. NOD32 comes up when I boot, and goes into a loop where it asks me whether I want to do three updates, Yes or No, but no matter which one I answer, it repeats the update window. If I close the window, same thing, loops back. I can quit the program, but that is not a good idea when connected to the Internet. I did get it to update just once, so I have the August 21, 2007 updates.

I could install the paid version, which I have in a box, but I could go with AVG, which I have always used until now. Reviews and messages here convince me that NOD32 is very good, but this looping business puts me off.

Any advice?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

It looks something in the settings.Check them against this tutorial
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=459410#post459410

If this doesn't help , reinstall it (NOD32 is much much better than AVG so you won't made a mistake if you continue with it)

1) Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Trial version or Full paid version

2) Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot when prompt

4) After restart , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded in step 1
    Use "Typical" install

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall.
    Then Update NOD32 !

3. jledyard

jledyard Registered Member

I have a new computer with the Windows Firewall operational. How do I do step 6 on your list. Thank you for the prompt response, I am off to try the first five steps.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Step 6 is for users who use 3rd party firewall (non-Microsoft) . Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2 doesn't control outgoing traffic so there is no way it can interfere with NOD32's update . In step 6 , just update the program

5. sparx

sparx Registered Member

Did you register the serial number on the computer to get the temporary username and password? The problem is that after you click 'Yes' to the update, it's failing authentication. Take the serial number off the computer, go to www.eset.com/activate and activate it. Or you could open up the box with the full version in it and register the serial number on the paper sleeve holding the CD. Once it's registered go to Update > Setup within the Control Center and enter in the Username and Password that you receive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.