No video without granting physical memory?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by qazu76, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qazu76

qazu76 Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm running a new install with PG 3.2, but have an issue with video. Sound seems ok but without granting the video app physical memory i don't get a picture. This affects, WMP, VLC & Nero Showtime on my system, so it seems to be a generic issue.
    Does anyone have any idea why this would be so? Should I be concerned? Better yet, any ideas on how to fix this (without granting rights)?

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I still have the earlier version due to the XP SP1 NO GUI bug but I have to grant access to physical memory for Power DVD or I have no video ...just the audio. I don't use any of the ones you list so I don't know if they would need access to physical memory or not. I use Winamp for everything except DVD movies. Winamp doesn't need access to physical memory in the 3.15 version.

3. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi, do you by anychance run a nvidia graphics card with the latest drivers (81,89 or something)

If so it is them that cause games & video player apps to ask for access to physical memory, when i tried that new version of the drivers on my box, games & video player apps that had never asked for those permissions before suddenly needed them (most games only really need global hooks if at all)

With games i found it lagged them really badly till i granted that permission, only way i found to stop it was to revert to a older driver version.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Hmmm...I have an nVidia card but I'm not running the latest drivers (lazy...no point as I am waiting on a new replacement computer from Dell). I have 78.01 GeForce drivers.

5. qazu76

qazu76 Registered Member

I am indeed running the latest Nvidia drivers, so it seems that is the issue here for me at least. I may consider reverting to an older release.

Thanks for the help :)

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I would just allow it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.