No username in scan logs

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Gaz1336, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaz1336

Gaz1336 Registered Member

I've recently bought ESET Endpoint protection for work and its working out great over our last AV product. I've been a home user for many years.

In the Scan logs (remote console) (auto scan) why is the username not appearing in the logs? I was told by support that this is normal however I have trouble understanding why this is when our previous AV product did. The Username will appear when the scan is user initiated but not for an auto scan (when usb drive is inserted for example). This makes finding the problematic usb drives/users difficult.
    It would also be great if it could transmit the hardware ID/serial of the usb drive to make it easier to block.
    What makes it more confusing is that in the Threat field it does list the username for real time detection.

What I have to do to track down the threat to a user is use another program we use for network management and match the times up to find the user.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The user name is only shown in the Threat log provided that a malicious file was detected in the context of a particular user, ie. when the user is known.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.