No USB (mouse/keyboard) after Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badsilver, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badsilver

badsilver Registered Member

I restored a TIB backup from a Dell Poweredge 2500 to a Poweredge 2950 using Universal Restore and had it install the Chipset drivers and RAID drivers. When I boot the 2950, it goes to the Log-In screen but I cannot move the mouse or use the key board...it appears the USB ports are not working.

Anyone ran into this problem before that can help? Thanks...

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Can you check the BIOS settings for USB?

3. badsilver

I looked at the BIOS settings and didn't see anything that looked wrong...the USB ports are all turned on...is there a specific setting to look at?

4. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

how long did you wait? I've restored to a 2950 server as well. Try during the first time a normal PS2 keyboard so that you can log in. Then when your in; plug in the usb keyboard and mouse so that windows itself will detect and install the proper drivers.

5. badsilver

I don't see any PS/2 connectors on my 2950, it doesn't appear to have them...does yours?

6. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

It wasn't mine, its was our client's. and we used a Dell KVM switch. We waited for 5 miniutes until the keyboard and mouse became functional.

If that doesn't still work; try remoting it from a Dell console in another machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.