No Support for New Intel Chipsets

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

Another disappointment for TrueImage 8 users........

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 6000 which uses the new Intel P4 760 chipset. Guess what?

My build 826 TI8 Rescue CD needs to be rescued! Creating an image now takes 3 hours instead of 20 minutes.

Here's my beef:

This computer is new to me but it's been sold by Dell for four full months. Dell is the largest PC seller in the world AND this is their top-selling model since its introduction AND Intel announced these new chipsets about one year ago.

Why hasn't Acronis been forward-looking and included support for the newer Intel chipsets in this build which was released in April?

Why do we as TrueImage 8 users continually have to run into these brick walls and figure out why our TI8 product doesn't work?

When we report it here or directly, Acronis responds with the canned apology and requests for endless sysinfo, screen shots, memory dumps, etc. as though this is a big shock to them. Hey Acronis....don't you read or surf to keep up with the ever-changing chipset and drive technologies that you have claimed is your business? My God.

Now I know that TI8 is a Linux-based product, all nice and open-source, blah, blah, blah and sometimes drivers aren't immediately available, etc., etc., etc. but this is very disappointing to learn AFTER you buy TrueImage8 and AFTER you buy computer hardware to run it on.

I can't seem to get this image of Acronis as a company out of my head......

A half-dozen long-haired, pizza-eating, coke-drinking technoweenies in an old garage, all clustered around their sole 386 pc with wires hanging out of it, trying to read their old 12" amber CRT moniter to see what build 826 customers are reporting in these threads.

Please, Acronis, change my mind and prove to me and others that TrueImage 8 is really a finished product, not Linux betaware, and that it comes with TIMELY customer support.

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Works fine for me :rolleyes:

3. neil conway

neil conway Registered Member

and if it did not, then what

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.