No spare stackpages

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peaches4U, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

The following problem is beyond my knowledge. I need this info. for a friend who has it. Can you please tell me what it means and how to rectify it. Thanks.

No Spare Stackpages. Increase settings of 'MinSPs' in SYSTEM.INI. There are only 5 SP's allocated.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Peaches,

Can you also give some more information? Version of Windows? System configuration? Circumstances that cause the error to occur (just at first bootup? after starting some specific programs? etc.)

People probably can make some guesses and say go into system.ini and edit this line to this value, but adding more information would really be a good idea as there may be more here than meets the eye.

Thanks,
    LowWaterMark

P.S. I'll move this question over to the Software & Services forum section, which is a place where it'll get more attention.

3. Peaches4U

Thanks LWM - The following was the message sent to me.

"When I did the free panda virus check, I got a blue screen which said I had No Spare Stackpages. I should increase settings of 'MinSPs' in SYSTEM.INI. There are only 5 SP's allocated. Can you tell me what this means, and how do I fix it? Thanks."

Will see if I can get more information to work with. Cheers.

4. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I had this problem a while back. You can change the MinSPs. but I would wait like LWM said. If your friend does decide to make a change, the value must be changed in increments of 4. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 etc. Not in order, but the value must be divisible by 4.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Before making any recommendations then on new values, you ought to get the friend to post here (or send to you to post) the full current contents of system.ini as well. It'd be good to see what's there now before recommending any changes.

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

7. Peaches4U

Well, I just directed those with this problem along with other problems to this forum cuz I know y'all will help with far greater knowledge than I can.... thanks. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.