No Script Firefox extentsion.......

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I just recently downloaded this one. I want to know who else has downloaded this and does anyone think that that this extentsion is a good one? I guess it supposedly adds another layer of security for Firfox users. Any thoughts?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i do use noscript but i sometimes wonder about its value myself. its not an extreme convenience and i suppose it can also be used from blocking java and flash for nontrusted sites (but theres no seperate whitelists atm).

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I concur. Sometimes NoScript can be a pain in the ...
    It depends on which kind of websites you are visiting.

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

I use it, and it's not that much to 'turn on/off' [right click or click Icon and either Temporarily Allow or Allow full time].

However, I personally would say it depends on the surfing habits, sites, etc.

Under normal circumstances I'd have to say I did not really need it, but because sometimes us MODS talk a 'walk on the wild side' by clicking links :ouch: willy nilly checking out the posted ones and sometimes just for testing, :shifty: then I most definitely will be keeping it.

You can liken it like having a 'spare tyre' in the boot/trunk of your car. You may never actually be in need of it, but it's a 'backup'.

TAS

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

its great i got it for my bro and the computer is much better and i use it since it makes me feel safer

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It´s just like turning scripting off in IE, it will make your system safer, but it can be very annoying. And that´s why I surf the web with scripting enabled, I depend on my anti-malware tools to protect me. ;)

7. RipVanTinkle

RipVanTinkle Registered Member

I don't find it annoying in the least
    great extension
    If I want to have Java on a site it's a simple right click
    same for Temporarily allowing Java

safer surfing all round

8. duden_dude

duden_dude Guest

it acutally blocks annoyances, and poetential exploits.. if a site needss to use javascript to function, i.e. javascript links/flash webpage.. they can die off, unless it's a well designed website, with fantastic stuff. i.e. ascii matrix :)

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    It's the best extensions there is.
    Mrk

10. tlu

tlu Guest

There are indeed no separate whitelists for Java/Flash/Plugins but you can allow them (even without enabling Javascript) by clicking on the respective placeholder as described here. (On the other hand: If I trust a website - and only in this case I would allow Java/Flash/Plugins - why shouldn't I allow Javascript, too?)
    IMO, Noscript is an excellent, reliable and easy to apply extension. I wouldn't surf without it. I suggest using it in combination with Adblock Plus.

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i use it and i love it this helps me not get those java viruses and stuff

12. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

13. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've got to agree w/ tlu. NoScript, AdBlock Plus and my nomination AdBlock Filterset.G Updater. If there were only three extensions that I could have. Those would fill my bill.

...screamer

14. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

those are the 3 extensions that i also use daily. . Also Siteadviser can be useful. That with dumping all my cookies on closing firefox keeps a nice tidy lite clean machine for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.