No Script Firefox extentsion.......

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I just recently downloaded this one. I want to know who else has downloaded this and does anyone think that that this extentsion is a good one? I guess it supposedly adds another layer of security for Firfox users. Any thoughts?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i do use noscript but i sometimes wonder about its value myself. its not an extreme convenience and i suppose it can also be used from blocking java and flash for nontrusted sites (but theres no seperate whitelists atm).

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I concur. Sometimes NoScript can be a pain in the ...
    It depends on which kind of websites you are visiting.

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

I use it, and it's not that much to 'turn on/off' [right click or click Icon and either Temporarily Allow or Allow full time].

However, I personally would say it depends on the surfing habits, sites, etc.

Under normal circumstances I'd have to say I did not really need it, but because sometimes us MODS talk a 'walk on the wild side' by clicking links :ouch: willy nilly checking out the posted ones and sometimes just for testing, :shifty: then I most definitely will be keeping it.

You can liken it like having a 'spare tyre' in the boot/trunk of your car. You may never actually be in need of it, but it's a 'backup'.

TAS

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

its great i got it for my bro and the computer is much better and i use it since it makes me feel safer

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It´s just like turning scripting off in IE, it will make your system safer, but it can be very annoying. And that´s why I surf the web with scripting enabled, I depend on my anti-malware tools to protect me. ;)

7. RipVanTinkle

RipVanTinkle Registered Member

I don't find it annoying in the least
    great extension
    If I want to have Java on a site it's a simple right click
    same for Temporarily allowing Java

safer surfing all round

8. duden_dude

duden_dude Guest

it acutally blocks annoyances, and poetential exploits.. if a site needss to use javascript to function, i.e. javascript links/flash webpage.. they can die off, unless it's a well designed website, with fantastic stuff. i.e. ascii matrix :)

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    It's the best extensions there is.
    Mrk

10. tlu

tlu Guest

There are indeed no separate whitelists for Java/Flash/Plugins but you can allow them (even without enabling Javascript) by clicking on the respective placeholder as described here. (On the other hand: If I trust a website - and only in this case I would allow Java/Flash/Plugins - why shouldn't I allow Javascript, too?)
    IMO, Noscript is an excellent, reliable and easy to apply extension. I wouldn't surf without it. I suggest using it in combination with Adblock Plus.

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i use it and i love it this helps me not get those java viruses and stuff

12. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

13. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've got to agree w/ tlu. NoScript, AdBlock Plus and my nomination AdBlock Filterset.G Updater. If there were only three extensions that I could have. Those would fill my bill.

...screamer

14. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

those are the 3 extensions that i also use daily. . Also Siteadviser can be useful. That with dumping all my cookies on closing firefox keeps a nice tidy lite clean machine for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.