No restore disk?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by doug6949, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I've talked to two people who bought new computers (one HP and one Compaq) that did not come with a restore disk. Is this the wave of the future?

And what happens when the system crashes? Buy a new Computer?

Doug

2. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

Do these people know what a restore disk is (ie. are they familiar with computers or are they just appliances to them)? I was asking someone about his restore disk and how he responded in the conversation made no sense. It turns out he was talking about his Office 2000 disks. He had no idea what a restore disk was or what it's for. He bought his computer years ago and I still don't know if he has a restore disk.

3. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Just a way of saving money Doug.
    The recovery drive usually show's itself in My Computer when electing to "show hidden files and folders."

GF

4. willcorwin

willcorwin Registered Member

just tid bit of info or i might be wrong but HP and Compaq are made at the same factory know, i was told that the components inside these two brands are identical if im wrong im sorry. But on my HP in the all programs list under hewlett-packard, hp pavillion tools, theres a recovery disk creator. hope this helps your friends. also if there is major problems on restart just strat hitting F10 to bring up windows restore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.