No Recovery Manager visible in boot sequence after Windows 7 install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Geronimo1, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo1

Geronimo1 Registered Member

Dear help!

After installing Windows 7 on a separate drive/partition, I can't see the F11 ( Recovery Manager) option during startup anymore. Anybody having the same ?
    I use Acronis 10 and run on Vista H premium.

Thank you for your time..
    J

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Geronimo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Home!

When you install any Operating System the MBR (Master Boot Record) is changed. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager also changes this record to appear during the boot sequence.
    Evidently, Windows 7 installation overwrote the previous MBR.

You have to reactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

3. Geronimo1

Geronimo1 Registered Member

Hi Daniel.
    Thanks for your help. I actually had reactivated the Recovery manager but the boot still shows no beautifull F11;-)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Geronimo1,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

In order to solve the issue you should rewrite MBR. Please download special Acronis utility from. Use it to create a floppy and boot the machine from the floppy.

If you prefer to a fix MBR using a CD, then please download special Acronis utility from. Use it to create a CD and boot the machine from the CD.

The MBR will be rewritten once you boot the computer from the created media and confirm that you want to fix the MBR.

Check the following Microsoft KB article for more information about restoring Windows Boot Loader manually.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. tombet

tombet Registered Member

My Recovery Manager also is not visible, though I am using XP, not Win 7. The secure zone exists and a backup is there that I verified integrity ok.

This utility to rewrite the MBR sounds promising for me. But I do not OWN a floppy disk anymore. Is this utility available as an ISO image file for a bootable CD that I could burn ?

Thanks.

6. snifferpro

snifferpro Registered Member

it is available for a bootable CD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.