No option to use Universal Restore in TI Echo Server f. SBS with Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Silek, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silek

Silek Registered Member

Hi everybody,

as I read in this post (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=195350&highlight=univeral restore) I have the same problem.

I cann't use Universal Restore while restoring my active dynamic drive due to a migration my OS (SBS 2003 / True Image for SBS build 8.084) to a new hardware-based server.

My idea is to switch from SCSI to S-ATA and keeping the system as is.
    The restore procedure ends up in a bluescreen when the server tries to boot.

Obviously because no drivers has been installed - the option to use "Universal Restore" is not offered while preparing the restore.

Does anybody have an idea?

Greets

2. dcol

dcol Registered Member

I have same issue. Tring to upgrade server 2003 hardware. Image taken with TI8 server and restore with TIecho w/UR CD. Is there a version conflict here? The Universal Restore option does not show up using echo version 8163.

3. Silek

Silek Registered Member

I have the same build version like you.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Acronis DOES NOT support dynamic drives!!!
    So if you have your files and system placed on dynamic drives, do the following:

1. BackUp (without Universal Restore) your drive carrying your OS -like C:

2. Recover the OS (C:) to your new server as is (!).

3. Make a backup of your recently recovered OS.
    [Now you build a backup based on a basic drive - and from only those you can use Universal Restore!]

4. Recover the backup from step 3 on your new server. Now - in this step - you'll be asked to use Universal Restore.
    4.1. While selecting the drivers, choose only the absolutely necessary ones, e.g. mainboard and S-ATA or SCSI to make the system boot.

5. Boot your just recovered OS and begin to install all other drivers.

Enjoy your time
    Greets

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Silek and dcol,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Silek, I would recommend you to use the latest build (8163) of both Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server and the respective Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installed components and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please also be aware that Acronis True Image Echo series, including Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server, support dynamic disks. You can find more information in the respective User's Guides

dcol, please be aware that only one version back compatibility is guaranteed. So, Acronis True Image Echo is guaranteed to open Acronis True Image 9.1 series images as well, but not earlier versions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.