No offense?! Yes, really!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by LowWaterMark, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Sorry Ed baby....if you where expecting 'Englese as she is spoke' by Beckham you would certainly, as a Foreigner:D, be forgiven for not understanding a word he said....even I struggle to grasp his incoherent blurb...(It's known in the UK as 'Thickasaplank' speak....we think it's caused by either, heading too many over-pumped up footballs or just plain old 'Thick'...or as poor old David would say 'Fick'....and to think he was on the 'Committee' to advocate the UK getting the Olymppic Games in 2012...I think it only fair that he and all the other Millionaires on the Gravy Train should be made to pay for it....:D :D because this Country certainly can't....:D :D

If brains were dynamite there wouldn't be enought to blow the wax out of his ears.....:D

Cochise,:cool: Struggleing with Karma in Kalamazoo:D (Sorry ed).

2. big4guy

big4guy Registered Member

I myself have gotten into trouble sometime back. I was having an online conference with clinets joining me from India, Germany and the UK. The guys from India misunderstood me. Their understanding of the conversation was completely different.

what I have learnt is that the best thing to do is to be clear and put yourself in the other person's shoes. It is important to know that someone somewhere might just misunderstand you. It happens to many people and can mess up things.

As I say, EYC Express yourself Clearly:) .

Cheers
    big4guy
    http://www.big4guy.com

3. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:D Still my favourite post!

I have heard this before, but I'm getting better at recognizing differences...

;) For just a short time ago, I listened as some of my friends(acquaintances) tried to use Satin (the devil) as an expression of mischief to an Asian person. As I looked on at this persons expressions of bewilderment I realized they had no idea who Satin (the devil) was. I realized there was a new lesson to be learned here. I'm not saying I've learned the lesson yet, but I'm sure it is coming.

Thanks Again LWM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.