No more individual patches for Windows 7 and 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by emmjay, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Check the output file from below. This will show the current active updates.
    Code:
    dism /online /Get-Packages /Format:Table /English >packages.txt

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

In reference to the ops response, that is what was done - "no items match your search". A search for the update in question was entered.

I do agree that just looking at the listed updates does not always render correct info and that is why I suggested the command line also be tried.

DISM is also an excellent tool to use on W7. I use power shell but most users are not familiar with it.

For this exercise I just wanted to point out that KB3031432 is a troublesome update. It has a reputation of popping up after a disk clean up for no apparent reason. It has always been a troublesome update. I wanted the op to know that it was an anomaly. Nothing to be concerned about.

3. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

"The big issue was the Windows 7 loss of static IP addresses after the install of March and April updates on some machines. Microsoft re-packaged and released the April 10 update of 4093118 to include the networking fix on Thursday April 12th. If you installed the prior version and had no issues, you do not need to install this revised version".
    https://www.askwoody.com/2018/patch-lady-business-view-of-updates/