No log file found by Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pcb, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcb

pcb Registered Member

Evenin' all, (here in the UK),

I have just installed my first version of Spyware Guard.
    Unfortunately it claims to find no log file.

I have created a text file with Notepad (I'm running 98se), and named it sglog.txt, as I noted in the help file.

The program has recognised it, but will it record a log to it?

I doubt SG will find much spyware activity now on my computer, as I've recently restored the system, and have taken care to at least cut down drastically on ad-supported freeware...

...so, I would just like to know if my own created logfile will do the job or not?

Or..should I download it again, as maybe it was corrupted.

Many thanks for any elucidation on this.

pcb

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The log file will be created (if it isn't present) when any of the components of SpywareGuard detect something (whether it is spyware, a spyware download, or a browser setting change).

So there was no need to create a blank textfile named "sglog.txt" in your SpywareGuard directory, but it certainly won't hurt anything either. And yep - any detections will be logged properly.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. pcb

pcb Registered Member

Javacool,

Many thanks for the "insider?" informatiion.
    So, presumably, SG by default, never creates a log file until some activity is detected?

Many thanks also, to you (who I presume to be the author of SG), and anyone else involved in writing the program.

PCB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.